Hacking R4i Gold non-3DS - Games Not Loading

AustralAnima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A few weeks ago I tried to update Wood to version 1.56 (tried 1.57, but the problem's still there) so that I could play Pokemon White 2, but it wouldn't work. Now I am unable to load any games, it just hangs on "Loading" and won't boot them up at all. I've tried to reformat the card, used different kernels, but nothing works. I have not updated the DSi at all, so I'm sure it has to have something to do with the kernel. I have a wood R4i Gold non-3DS card, hope you can help.

AustralAnima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have already done all of this, I'm certain the roms are not corrupted, and the cart is good as well. I have had it for years, and I only started experiencing problems when I downloaded the newest kernel (from the site on the front of the card). No games load, not a single one. It's not an AP issue, as games that worked fine previous do not work now. I will try to format with the program on #4, as I formatted previously by right clicking the F drive and choosing the "format..." option.

Aaaand it didn't work.

What's the website on the sticker of your card?
The website is r4ids.cn, the same site that I downloaded my kernel from.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have already done all of this, I'm certain the roms are not corrupted, and the cart is good as well. I have had it for years, and I only started experiencing problems when I downloaded the newest kernel (from the site on the front of the card). No games load, not a single one. It's not an AP issue, as games that worked fine previous do not work now. I will try to format with the program on #4, as I formatted previously by right clicking the F drive and choosing the "format..." option.

Aaaand it didn't work.

The website is r4ids.cn, the same site that I downloaded my kernel from.
You didn't try it all, you only tried a few things and assumed/skipped.

Don't do that. Go through it all, in order, and do what it says using the tools and links provided to try to find out what is malfunctioning. Gotta' find out what the problem is before fixing it.

AustralAnima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You didn't try it all, you only tried a few things and assumed/skipped.

Don't do that. Go through it all, in order, and do what it says using the tools and links provided to try to find out what is malfunctioning. Gotta' find out what the problem is before fixing it.

Latest official software; this was what started the problem in the first place
I have tried to disable cheating and soft-resetting and all that several times.
All roms are fine, I've tested them on emulators to make sure they weren't corrupted.
I've already formatted the card, AND now used that program you linked that other thread. Didn't work.
Wood R4 is what I'm using and have been using for a long time.
It's not an individual game that isn't starting, it's all the games.
The cart is not a clone, and it's been working perfectly for years.

So yes, as I said I've already done everything that was on the list, I've spent weeks looking for solutions to what might be wrong, but nothing has worked, which is why I made this thread so that I could find out. So no, I have tried it all, and I didn't assume or skip anything.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The list is 7 things long, you did 4.
Four out of seven.
4/7 = 57%

There's other things to try, like different ROM loading software to see if it's a software issue or not, individual AP patches to see if the ROM loading software is failing at the AP patching portion or loading in general, another flash cart to see if it really is just your flash cart, etc.

modthis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably same problem I had awhile back for Black 2 and White 2 I had to upgrade the class of my microSD card. Even other games wouldn't work if B&W2 were sitting on the card. I went with this one, although I do not see it for sell anymore(at a reasonable price). I suggest any name brand class 10.

Again might not fix your problem but I had the same issue and could get no answer so I ended up trying it as I was using a class 2. Works no problem now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans