R4i Gold firmware update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Peos, Oct 10, 2012.

Oct 10, 2012

R4i Gold firmware update by Peos at 6:21 PM (564 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Peos
    OP

Newcomer Peos Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey guys long term lurker, but thought I'd register an account now that I've purchased a flash cart and can finally get into some discussion about them.

I've got a 3DS XL and I've ordered an r4i Gold with the website r4ids.cn on the cart. I'm a bit worried because my 3DS is on the latest software version and I know the r4 needs to be updated on another system for it to work, which I don't have. I've contacted the company sending it and they've said it's from stock ordered on the 6th October. Basically am I going to need to try and find a DS lite or similar device somewhere nefore this comes or do you think it will have been updated? I know no one's going to know the definitive answer until I get it, but I thought I'd ask!

Thanks

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Well the latest firmware patch came out September 26th, so assuming they made sure to use the latest patch you should be fine.

3. Peos
    OP

Newcomer Peos Newbie

United Kingdom
    Cool, thanks. Yeah hopefully there was enough time between between the firmware patch and the order!