Hacking r4i gold blocked?

harribet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi my friends daughter updated her DSi and from reading the topics i think she has blocked the r4i gold card. it was working fine last week but now when you put it in the dsi the square that normally shows star wars menu is now blank. is there anyway i can unblock the card?

thanks in advance

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
If it's blank, it's not being read properly. Try cleaning the contacts.
Then go to System Options and on the bottom right corner of the top screen, it shows the firmware you have. If it's 1.4.1, then you should download the fix from here http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=12925 ,put it on the microSD and run it by putting the cart in a 1.4 DSi, DSL or DSPhat and running the ndsfile you just downloaded.
If you do have 1.4.1 and you don't have a DSL , 1.4 DSi or DSPhat, your screwed.
If not, you have nothing to worry about, just don't update until you use the fix. But if it's Star Wars rebel alliance, it should be fixed already. An unfixed R4i Gold has the Danny Phantom icon AFAIK. Anyways, better safe than sorry.

harribet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ron975 said:
If it's blank, it's not being read properly. Try cleaning the contacts.
Then go to System Options and on the bottom right corner of the top screen, it shows the firmware you have. If it's 1.4.1, then you should download the fix from here http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=12925 ,put it on the microSD and run it by putting the cart in a 1.4 DSi, DSL or DSPhat and running the ndsfile you just downloaded.
If you do have 1.4.1 and you don't have a DSL , 1.4 DSi or DSPhat, your screwed.
If not, you have nothing to worry about, just don't update until you use the fix. But if it's Star Wars rebel alliance, it should be fixed already. An unfixed R4i Gold has the Danny Phantom icon AFAIK. Anyways, better safe than sorry.

hi thanks for that it was the contact but it works in mine which is the V1.4 but not hers which is the V1.41 it keeps coming up with error restart the ds
i tried to upgrade in mine but it comes up with card check fail

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Large creep