Hacking R4i Gold 3DS PLUS issue. Help appreciated..

jaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, new to the forum..

I've just purchased an R4i Gold 3DS Plus, without a micro SD card as I had a 32gb and 4gb one anyway. I've never done this before, so followed a tutorial on how to set up Luma3DS custom firmware..

I did all the necessary parts, but when I go to load up the flasher I dragged on, I get this message:

"Your cart cannot be used as a flashcart after it is flashed (except AK2i)"

Now I assumed that's cause it already has a flasher installed like the sites description mentioned, but in that case, how do I launch it so I can install Luma3DS? lol Because I used my own micro SD's, I'd wiped it and dragged everything on fresh like in the video. Very confused. Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Your cart cannot be used as a flashcard after it is flashed (except AK2i)" means once you flash NTRBootHax to it it work act like a normal flash card. ie you can't play NDS roms (unless of course you restore the firmware later), the AK2i is a different story.

Also don't use videos, follow THE guide. 3ds.guide
Also the R4i Gold 3DS Plus should already have the NTRBootHax preloaded as that's hows it marketed. Can you link the video and time?

jaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Your cart cannot be used as a flashcard after it is flashed (except AK2i)" means once you flash NTRBootHax to it it work act like a normal flash card. ie you can't play NDS roms (unless of course you restore the firmware later), the AK2i is a different story.

Also don't use videos, follow THE guide. 3ds.guide
Also the R4i Gold 3DS Plus should already have the NTRBootHax preloaded as that's hows it marketed. Can you link the video and time?

Yeh, see I assumed it was installed. But where is it installed? Because I didn't get the micro SD with it, I later thought all that stuff would be pre installed on the micro SD that came with it. /watch?v=9lD_x2semvQ It has a switch inside that switches between D & N. Here is the description for it: "Switching to D side, chip behaves the same as former R4i Gold, while into 'N' side, can install Luma 3DS to play 3DS CIA. R4i Gold 3DS PLUS cartridge is of highest and widest system compatibility." So do I have to switch to N?

Basically I need a step by step explanation as if I was a disabled person. lol

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Yeh, see I assumed it was installed. But where is it installed? Because I didn't get the micro SD with it"
It's flashed onto the NAND chip on the flashcard it self, well one of the 2 NAND chips on this specific card.

Has to be on the N side for NTRBootHax.
http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm See that site.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you need help, i'm available to chat on Discord.

jaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Yeh, see I assumed it was installed. But where is it installed? Because I didn't get the micro SD with it"
It's flashed onto the NAND chip on the flashcard it self, well one of the 2 NAND chips on this specific card.

Has to be on the N side for NTRBootHax.

If you need help, i'm available to chat on Discord.

Nice one mate! I'm gonna give this a go, and then get back to you.

jaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK..

Got fairly far in that guide. When I get to the bit where I load Download Play to launch Homebrew, it doesn't boot. It flashes, then goes back to the home menu. My system is 11.6.0-39E, not sure if that's why.. Followed everything up to that point..

Any ideas?

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK..

Got fairly far in that guide. When I get to the bit where I load Download Play to launch Homebrew, it doesn't boot. It flashes, then goes back to the home menu. My system is 11.6.0-39E, not sure if that's why.. Followed everything up to that point..

Any ideas?

What do you mean by flashes? What does the screen say when it flashes? Did you inject the homebrew launcher into it successfully with the Rosalia menu?

jaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean by flashes? What does the screen say when it flashes? Did you inject the homebrew launcher into it successfully with the Rosalia menu?

Yeh, did all that. All the files are where they should be. When I close Download Play and relaunch, it looks like it's gonna do something, then kinda glitches and boots me out to the home menu..

I selected "Switch the hb.title to the current app." in the "Miscellaneous options". I feel like it's gonna be something obvious,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I gues that you want to get to HBL because od FBI to install all the important stuff. If you really can't get it working, try this moded version of luma (you can use rosalina menu as .cia installer).

I selected "Switch the hb.title to the current app." in the "Miscellaneous options". I feel like it's gonna be something obvious,

Does it say, that it was successful?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

jaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I gues that you want to get to HBL because od FBI to install all the important stuff. If you really can't get it working, try this moded version of luma (you can use rosalina menu as .cia installer).

Do all the folders created have to be in lower case letters? I had my 3ds folder on the root of the SD Card as "3DS", where the FBI.3dsx file is installed. Could that be why?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Nah, didn't work. lol It's gotta be something obvious. Hopefully someone can help. Would like to run stuff through Homebrew if at all possible..
But you can install HBL via the moded luma and try, if HBL works. Only thing I can think of is, to redownload it again and make sure everything is the same as on the guide's pictures.
Show us what you have on your SD.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

jaster123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got further. I've got to the point where I'm at the Scripts section of God Mode. Tried to use "setup_ctrnand_luma3ds" and got this message: "0:/gm9/scrip...rnand_luma3ds.gm9 line 2: unknown cmd"

Any ideas? lol

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Got further. I've got to the point where I'm at the Scripts section of God Mode. Tried to use "setup_ctrnand_luma3ds" and got this message: "0:/gm9/scrip...rnand_luma3ds.gm9 line 2: unknown cmd"

Any ideas? lol
I have 1 question. How is that geting further? You wanted HBL and now you are playing with GM9 scripts.
Anyway, you can do it by your self. Copy boot.firm to "SYSNAND CTRNAND" and luma folder to "rw" (in SYSNAND CTRNAND).
Btw, you don't have to copy it.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the HBL. Do you have the HBL 2.0 (Boot.3dsx) in the root of the SD card?
To launch it, open download play, suspend it by pressing home, DON'T close it completely, with it suspended press L + D-Pad Down + Select then in the Rosalena menu select “Miscellaneous options” then “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
then close download play, then open download play and then the HBL should load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs