Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
its on ndsgamer.com
That's the site it's advertised on. If the site that is on the box or cart is www.r4ids.cn then it's the same one as in the review. If the retailer is any good then it should say on their website which R4i Gold it is (i.e. what webaddress is on the front of the packaging and cart).

phamous_t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious since either I'm not good at reading comprehension or I couldn't find the info but what mode does this card play in?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DS-mode.

The only cart that plays in DSi-mode is the Cyclo iEvolution.

Nothing available plays in 3DS-mode.
So is R4i working on creating DSi-mode or 3DS-mode? Also is there a reason that only Cyclo has DSi-mode?
As far as I know nobody else cares about DSi-mode. The majority of customers don't care about DSi-mode anyways (I know I don't).

3DS-mode is being worked at by some companies, but hacking a system like this is not a sure thing, there's no progress bar that needs to fill, don't even bother asking. When it happens, it'll be front-page news.

phamous_t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know nobody else cares about DSi-mode. The majority of customers don't care about DSi-mode anyways (I know I don't).

3DS-mode is being worked at by some companies, but hacking a system like this is not a sure thing, there's no progress bar that needs to fill, don't even bother asking. When it happens, it'll be front-page news.

Lol thanks for the reply. I'll look forward to it, if it ever comes out.

shadowdorothy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have a few questions. All relatively easy to answer I hope.
First off what is a good price for this flash cart? Most websites list it between $14 and $20 so what is a good price?
How big of an sd card does it support gb wise? Does it only support up to 8gb or can it go to 32gb?
does it support ds emulators like snemule and nesterds?
Thanks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
First off what is a good price for this flash cart? Most websites list it between $14 and $20 so what is a good price?
Around that range. Usually china-based shops sell for the lower end while US-based shops sell for more (since they import beforehand and get it to you faster).

How big of an sd card does it support gb wise? Does it only support up to 8gb or can it go to 32gb?
I've seen reports of 16GB with no problem. Technically 32GB should work, but I've not seen any reports (since you can already fit ~100 games on an 8GB card most people don't bother with 32GB).

does it support ds emulators like snemule and nesterds?
It's a standard flash cart and runs standard homebrew, yes.

nds_newbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hallo,

i bought this card to. But i have one problem. When i use the wood firmware Wood_R4iGold_V1.42.rar my nds lite starts and works as well. But when i use the R4i Gold kernel from here www.r4ids.co.cc/Kernel_V1.51B/ENG.rar my nds lite starts, then shows the message Loading and then both screens are black and nothing happens. Can anybody help me ?

When i use the wrong thread, please sorry.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Hallo,

i bought this card to. But i have one problem. When i use the wood firmware Wood_R4iGold_V1.42.rar my nds lite starts and works as well. But when i use the R4i Gold kernel from here www.r4ids.co.cc/Kernel_V1.51B/ENG.rar my nds lite starts, then shows the message Loading and then both screens are black and nothing happens. Can anybody help me ?

When i use the wrong thread, please sorry.
What is the web address on the front of your cart

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Have you formatted your cart with Panasonic SD Formatter?

The latest Wood on www.r4ids.cn does not have the WOODR4.nds file that is needed to run the 1.51b kernel and the latest version of wood and the WOODR4.NDS in the 1.51b kernel file is an old version so at the moment it looks like you cannot run 1.51b and Wood together. I would try again in a couple of days.

EDIT: What you can do is rename the _DS_MENU.DAT in the Wood file to WOODR4.NDS and then extract only the _SYSTEM folder and the _DS_MENU.DAT included in the 1.51b file this at least will allow you to run the 1.51b kernel and then go into Wood however I cannot guarantee the safety of this method.

nds_newbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, i have formatted my sd card with Panasonic SD Formatter.
When i take only the files from 1.51b Kernel, without the newest wood, it should be run ?
I make's so, but nothing happens. First "Loading" then nothing happens.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Yes, i have formatted my sd card with Panasonic SD Formatter.
When i take only the files from 1.51b Kernel, without the newest wood, it should be run ?
I make's so, but nothing happens. First "Loading" then nothing happens.
Yes it should run.

You may not have seen my Edit so I'll explain it for you.

Download the latest version of wood and extract it onto your SDHC card.
Rename _DS_MENU.DAT to WOODR4.NDS
Download Kernel 1.51b and extract only _System folder and _DS_MENU.DAT

Your cart should now work with the 1.51b kernel and the latest version of Wood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1