Hacking R4i freezing mid game

Czosnek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys
So here is my problem. I've found my old DSI 2 weeks ago and decided I might as well play smth on it, but it keeps freezing mid game (pretty much any game i try), music is still playing, but the console is frozen, even when i close it, it doesn't go to sleep mode, just keeps playing music. Sometimes I can play like an hour, sometimes it freezes after 5 min.
I've got R4i ultra (yeah, I know it's shit), It's 100% not sd card problem, because I've tried like 3 cards with same results. Tried official kernel, akaio and Ysmenu all the same. Tried paper tricks, pulling out a DS battery for some time, cleaning slot-1 with some compressed air and still same results.
Basically I know something is probably broken, but the question is - Is this only my r4 broken or something in my console. Maybe someone knows? I will appreciate some help

PS: Of course when I last played it like 1-2 years ago everything was working fine.

aalokishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Does it happen it other cartidges or with the R4i only? If it happens with others then maybe your DSi is at fault, if not the R4i is broken.
Also does this happen with all ROMs or just the same one. It might also be a problem with the ROM.

Czosnek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does it freeze immediately if you shake it? If so it sounds like a contact issue.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/solving-acekard-contact-issues.231412/
This guide is aimed at a different cart, but applies to most of them.
Nope, It doesn't freeze when I shake it.
Tried this paper trick, didn't fix the issue.

Does it happen it other cartidges or with the R4i only?
Dunno, atm I got access only to this cartridge, so I can't tell.

Also does this happen with all ROMs or just the same one. It might also be a problem with the ROM.
To all ROMs and this happens to the exact same ROMs I've played 1-2 years ago without problem.

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably a problem with the motherboard.
I customize and repair DSi's and have personally run into this problem.
It may need to either be cleaned internally, or there may have been some liquid damage somehow.
Also check and make sure the battery is nice and clean.
I've seen a couple with battery leakage that started like that after long storage with no use.

On a side note, it's a good idea to remove the battery from a handheld (if possible) if you don't plan on using them for extended amounts of time, as sometimes, this can cause battery leak/corrosion, particularly if the unit(s) are NOT to be kept in a climate controlled area (i.e. air conditioned).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.