Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, i have a 3ds with firmware 2.1.0-4 and this r4I labeled Dual Core. On their official website there is only update which supports ofw 2.1.03, thus making it useless in my console.
There is also another issue are those products from websites r4i-sdhc.com and r4isdhc.com (my flashcard) related ? I'm asking becouse the other r4i have new kernels updated regulary and seem to work with new 3ds ofw. I have tried using this update on my car and nothing, it stops on the black screen with loading sign.
Do you guys know if there is a way to get my flashcard running or maybe some news about new update ?
I wrote them few emails but received no reply, so i would be very gratefull for any help.
Their website - http://www.r4isdhc.com/

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
what the!
This kart looks legit!
I have never seen a dual core kart!

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
All carts from www.r4isdhc.com are crap and usually abandoned by them after 6 months of being released. Do not get a cart with www.r4isdhc.com on it they are crap (BTW the "Dual Core" is just a marketing gimmick).

www.r4isdhc.com carts have nothing to do with www.r4i-sdhc.com carts so whilst they both may have issues they are not related.

cheesu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yep, it' s the exact adress printed on the box. I bought my 3ds with this garbage r4 kart from another person,as a used console, and i was wondering if i should wait for new kernel or just throw this out of the window and buy a decent stuff that actually works.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Yep, it' s the exact adress printed on the box. I bought my 3ds with this garbage r4 kart from another person,as a used console, and i was wondering if i should wait for new kernel or just throw this out of the window and buy a decent stuff that actually works.
Throw it out the window. As I said before www.r4isdhc.com are notorious for abandoning their carts after 6 months and it must be about 6 months since this dual core crap was released.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Wow. Dual Core. The DS battery has got to hurt.
As I said before it is just a marketing ploy there is no CPU let alone a Dual Core CPU all it means is that for once a www.r4isdhc.com cart can be flashed to work with the latest DSi/3DS firmwares where in the past they couldn't.
Well, I was being sarcastic.

cheesu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It looks like the guy i bought the 3ds from didn't do much research on the net before grabing this crap. I'm gonna flush it down the toilet, right after i drop a big dump on it. Ok, thanks for your posts, you've been a great help.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there is really no need for dual cores inside a DS flash cart. It is marketing. This is just another R4 clone I'm assuming (without looking around to compare). It has one chip for flash memory and one to process the games, as their site claims. But doesn't an R4 dump the sram onto the microsd anyway? I'd guess that both chips are for processing. One to process the game and one to process the saves.

Anyway if you have a lot of trouble with a card that you got in part of a deal, it would save you time and effort to just buy maybe an Acekard 2i. That's what most people here would do.

Sometimes I buy carts for novelty but I don't use them too. I just bought the R4 Gold in the gold packaging and don't plan on doing any gaming on it. It was only 5 bucks. Acekard 2i can be found for less than triple that.

cheesu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Big surprise - it does work ! They updated their website with new info, and that got me interested. It turns out, that you need to download firmware and update the kart using instructions and TFT reader and clean (formated) sd card. Next step is to download the kernel named r4isdhc-whiteV1.30 and put it on previously used, clean (formated) sd using the TFT and launch it in your 3ds. Tested on Contra, FF, Dragon Quest, everyhings runs with zero problems whatsoever. Just thouht i let you know, maybe it will help someone who also owns this kart.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like the R4 team now sells condoms

R4is_r2_c2.jpg

Reactions: shub13

zhantshen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently, dual-core means "CPU + Flash memory" from what i learned on that website.

well. that's something new for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...