Hacking R4i 3DS SDHC compatibility

Butch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, I am a new member but I've been keeping up with the forum for a while, one thing I found was that it was pretty hard to find was a confirmation from someone running 2.1.0-4E on their 3DS and the R4i 3DS SDHC flashcart working properly with its latest update (1.43 I believe).
So I took a dive anyway, as I wanted to get in with this Ambassador program (which ends tonight and not last night I hope!), updated my own 3DS from 1.0.0E (?), the firmware it came with, straight to 2.1.0-4E through internet update, and the R4i 3DS is still working as it was before the update.

In short, this flashcart is compatible with the latest Nintendo update, in Europe.
This news may be present elsewhere in the forums, but I'll tell you what, if it is, it's damn hard to find.

M4rL0nV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Butch said:
Hi there, I am a new member but I've been keeping up with the forum for a while, one thing I found was that it was pretty hard to find was a confirmation from someone running 2.1.0-4E on their 3DS and the R4i 3DS SDHC flashcart working properly with its latest update (1.43 I believe).
So I took a dive anyway, as I wanted to get in with this Ambassador program (which ends tonight and not last night I hope!), updated my own 3DS from 1.0.0E (?), the firmware it came with, straight to 2.1.0-4E through internet update, and the R4i 3DS is still working as it was before the update.

In short, this flashcart is compatible with the latest Nintendo update, in Europe.
This news may be present elsewhere in the forums, but I'll tell you what, if it is, it's damn hard to find.

So you're saying you just updated to 2.1.0-4 and just copied the 1.43 firmware files into the R4 3DS SDHC and it worked without doing anything else? I don't want to update because I don't have a second DS to flash the flashcart in case it stops working and it's really difficult indeed to find reliable confirmation.

Butch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No that won't work, I followed the instructions on the website - downloading latest kernel, putting it on micro SD, updating within the R4 software on original 3DS firmware.
I updated the R4i 3DS FIRST! Sorry if that wasn't clear!

M4rL0nV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Butch said:
No that won't work, I followed the instructions on the website - downloading latest kernel, putting it on micro SD, updating within the R4 software on original 3DS firmware.
I updated the R4i 3DS FIRST! Sorry if that wasn't clear!

Oh okay I'll do that, thanks for the heads up and CLEAR info
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!