Hacking R4i 3DS RTS won't stay in New 3DS XL

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got the R4i 3DS RTS, it doesnt seem to stay in the N3DS XL ( AUS Import ).

My DSTwo fits in perfectly and stays in, whereas the R4i just pops right out.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it the R4i SDHC 3DS RTS? Because I have one and just got my AUS New 3DS XL and while it inserts a bit weird (seems like the left side of the cart gets snagged on something) it stays in just fine once fully inserted.

Reactions: oranginasprite

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
That's wierd, maybe the card's housing is just worn out.

[...] Non-Japan-based gamers (like me) can start looking for alternatives as this gadget is seemingly only available via Amazon.jp.
61LOmNWHXcL._AA1000_.jpg

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes its an R4i SDHC 3DS RTS. Bought it as a gift. Housing worn out already? I only opened and used it four days ago. Hmm i'll try it on a DS, if it fits then i guess ill leave it there and stick to my DSTwo.

Might also get that housing shown above^^ thats for that!

Whitfid1

Trophies
XP
Country
the person who commented after OP is correct, u push hard and feel like ur not getting anywhere and then u decide to put force in you think will break it and "click" it pops in its silly how far in you have to push for it to stick min was the R4i gold pro 2017 model im guessing R4 never change the shape of the cart it would be pointless but give it a go

RustyHearts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry to beat a dead horse but nosignaldetected and Whitfid1 are correct. focus on the corner closest to the dpad and slowly press it in all the way. it will click into place when you push it deep enough

Shaun Dreclin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to necro but I found this thread through google.

Can confirm, just push the cart in until it wont go any further then push a bit harder and it will finally click.

oranginasprite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will Necro this post once more, but it always show up as one of the top replies in Google for a reason.

Yes, even r4i manufactured in 2017 need to be pushed all the way in, more than regular cartridges. No need to apply extra force: just push it ALL THE WAY. You will understand once you get it right once or twice. This thread helped me more than it should have in figuring out didn't get a dud!

Last edited by oranginasprite,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny