Hacking R4i 3DS Gold setup question

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I`m just about done with the setup of my new r4i 3ds gold rts flash cart, but I don't know whether or not to put a patch on the cart. I went to www.r4ids.cn, downloaded the newest WOOD R4 V1.58 Kernel, extracted all the files into the root of my sd, and now I have the new patch 3DS V4.5.0-10 & DSi V1.45 sitting on my desktop. Is this the right patch if I want to start the cart in my 3DS (firmware Ver. 5.1.0-11) first rather than going through a DS Lite etc.? What should I do next?

Sorry for the stupid question, I have been trying to find some tutorials that make everything clear, but can`t seem to find anything about this so far.

Anyway, thanks in advance:)

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the link. but, i have read that several times over and still don't know what to do exactly. I'll go ahead and try to use the patch I downloaded and put it in my 3DS...

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS Lite to go through first. But, what I want to know is if the patch I have is what I need to put on my cart. And, is it okay with the 3DS firmware I currently have, the WOOD kernel I downloaded etc. I haven't tried the cart on the 3DS yet by the way...

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no need to update your r4i gold 3ds firstly.
Just unzip wood r4 v1.58 to the root directory of your tf card.
That's all.

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK:) It seems that the flash cart is up and running in my 3DS without the patch. When I put the cart in, I saw an icon named, DORASU on the home menu, so I selected that, and it took me into the r4 menu where I saw favorites and my micro sd etc. Does this sound correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night