Hacking R4i 3ds Gold NON-RTS questions

sonofskywalker3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a few years since I tried to run DS roms on my 3ds, but I really want to play some FFTA2 and I'm having quite the time trying to figure out if I need a new flash cart or not. I've got the original R4i 3DS card, and used to use it on my original 3ds back in the day. I have a friends ds lite that i've been trying to do updates from their website r4ids.cn, but they all fail. It runs fine on the dslite with wood 1.64. anyone figured out how to do all of this? please help! I've already spent about 3 hours on google and all i keep finding is for the rts version, or one of the 6 other updated hardware they made...

Attachments

• 20160915_173900.jpg
    20160915_173900.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 216

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a few years since I tried to run DS roms on my 3ds, but I really want to play some FFTA2 and I'm having quite the time trying to figure out if I need a new flash cart or not. I've got the original R4i 3DS card, and used to use it on my original 3ds back in the day. I have a friends ds lite that i've been trying to do updates from their website r4ids.cn, but they all fail. It runs fine on the dslite with wood 1.64. anyone figured out how to do all of this? please help! I've already spent about 3 hours on google and all i keep finding is for the rts version, or one of the 6 other updated hardware they made...

You don't need to update the firm of the card, you just need to use this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have a Custom Firmware on your 3ds? If not : what is your system version? Do you have another 3ds with cfw if your 3ds is version 11.0+?
Because with Luma3ds you can re-use 3ds flashcart that got blocked...

But you need to install custom firmware on your 3ds...

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you feel you need to replace the cart, the AceKard2i's a cheap alternative and works on the 3DS as long your Using Luma3DS or a CFW that has TWL Patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...