Hacking R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe - Games freeze and crash (music stops then freezes system)

Boy3D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Yes it might have been a coincidence but i did try it a couple a times, I'll try it again tomorrow with more games and post the result here. Did you try both methods and it was the same?

I put the microchip of the red card in the blue card. But that didn't work, so the problem in my case is not the placement of the card in my 3DS, the only way is to change the chip...

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
the R4 team ( http://www.r4ids.cn ) uses cheap parts to maximize their profit,even the review for the deluxe version mentioned something about the hardware been poor compared to gateway. the only flash card that ever went faulty on my was made by them,i remember once a china seller told me the r4 team uses cheap parts so don't expect it to last very long & he was right it lasted 10 months. lol

kiddi88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I put the microchip of the red card in the blue card. But that didn't work, so the problem in my case is not the placement of the card in my 3DS, the only way is to change the chip...
So i tried it with lugis mansion and it did freeze, and after playin zelda for 30 minutes it did freeze eventually to. So you're probably right about the chip. It's very annoying especially because the seller take his time to answer been 5 days since i sent them mail about this and no answer.
the R4 team ( http://www.r4ids.cn ) uses cheap parts to maximize their profit,even the review for the deluxe version mentioned something about the hardware been poor compared to gateway. the only flash card that ever went faulty on my was made by them,i remember once a china seller told me the r4 team uses cheap parts so don't expect it to last very long & he was right it lasted 10 months. lol
I didn't know about the gateway card when i bought mine, but if i could change i would rather buy gateway.

vlemos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,
I'm following this thread because I am having exactly the same problem as you. I receiveid my R4i Deluxe 2 days ago, and I tried 3 games with different micro sd with different class, but the problem still continue.
I sent an email to eachmall hoping they can help me.
Btw, when you insert/remove the red card, do you realizes that the card gets a little stuck in the slot to pull it out?

kiddi88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I'm following this thread because I am having exactly the same problem as you. I receiveid my R4i Deluxe 2 days ago, and I tried 3 games with different micro sd with different class, but the problem still continue.
Btw, when you insert/remove the red card, do you realizes that the card gets a little stuck in the slot to pull it out?
it happens to me also, it's a little tricky to pull it out. But keep us posted about what the seller says i'm waiting for answer to.

Boy3D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
it happens to me also, it's a little tricky to pull it out. But keep us posted about what the seller says i'm waiting for answer to.
My seller doesn't answer me when I ask about change the card...
By the way, has anyone tried to use the card in another 3DS?

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here. I emailed the seller but no response yet.

Hi,

Wacko`

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've sent my faulty card back for a replacement, so fingers crossed.

I noticed the same thing, the white (red) card would go out of the slot with a little more difficulty than the grey card or a regular 3DS cartridge.

GUYS LISTEN UP, I'm on 2.0 and I have never experienced this so you might want to try it
The problem discussed in this thread occurs on all firmware versions. Thanks for the suggestion though!

vlemos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello again,
As I said, I bought my R4i Deluxe from Eachmall, and I never, never had any kind of problem, and the fact is that they already answered to my email.
that's what they said:
Dear vlemos:
Hello,
Pls check it again, you may try a new device,
Our card is tested and good, you may try to download a new file on
www.r4ids.cn

And this is what I sent to them:

Hi, Two days ago I received the R4i deluxe just fine. So, I went to the site R4ids.cn to download the firmware and start playing backups of 3DS. All was fine, I started a game, Mario Kart 7, and after playing like 5 or 10 minutes, the game just freeze, without showing any error having to holding the button power and restart the 3DS. It freeze particularly when the game is loadind a level, in some case it happened when I completed a level. Ok, I thought may be is the micro sd that have a slow write/read processing, and I tried 2 others micro sd, one 8gb class 10 and other 4gb class 4, but it still freeze. I tried another game, Mario Land 3D, but same problem. I even tried the R4i deluxe in an other 3DS, but the problem still persist. I started a web search, and I found that many people are having the same troubles particularly with this R4i deluxe, concluding that may be my r4i deluxe is defective. Can you help me please? cheers.

Now, I really don't know what to do... I will try in two 3DS's friends, but I don't even know if they have a >4.5 firmware.
But trying to download a new file, I think that it is a stupid answer, because if the file was corrupt, I even couldn't enter in starter mode... but I will try...

Boy3D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hello again,
As I said, I bought my R4i Deluxe from Eachmall, and I never, never had any kind of problem, and the fact is that they already answered to my email.
that's what they said:

Now, I really don't know what to do... I will try in two 3DS's friends, but I don't even know if they have a >4.5 firmware.
But trying to download a new file, I think that it is a stupid answer, because if the file was corrupt, I even couldn't enter in starter mode... but I will try...

My seller answered to me something similar the first time... But now, don't respond to me.

I know about people who had this problem, and when they changed the card, they fix the problem. So, I think there's no other way.

kiddi88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did contact the r4ids.cn team and asked what could cause this and got an answer shortly after.This is the answer "Please contact your reseller(
bought your card from) for exchange base on their return policy if it's indeed a defective item.." But i haven't got an answer from the seller and it's almost a week. I highly doubt that they will make up for the faulty cart but maybe they could contact the seller for us if they don't answer. That would be a good service.

vlemos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone tried this new 3.3 firmware? I've tried, but it still freezes... And I think this 3.3 firmware is worse than the previous, now my 3DS freezes entering in Ds profile, not all the time, but sometimes it freezes.

jajasilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried this new 3.3 firmware? I've tried, but it still freezes... And I think this 3.3 firmware is worse than the previous, now my 3DS freezes entering in Ds profile, not all the time, but sometimes it freezes.

Same here 3.3 is horrible.
You should stick 3.2 its much more reliable.

How many failed boots do you have ?

Boy3D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I did contact the r4ids.cn team and asked what could cause this and got an answer shortly after.This is the answer "Please contact your reseller(
bought your card from) for exchange base on their return policy if it's indeed a defective item.." But i haven't got an answer from the seller and it's almost a week. I highly doubt that they will make up for the faulty cart but maybe they could contact the seller for us if they don't answer. That would be a good service.

Do you suggest it?
I think is the only way.
Same here 3.3 is horrible.
You should stick 3.2 its much more reliable.
That's true.

vlemos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How many failed boots do you have ?
Something like 1 on 3.
I'm on 4.1 firmware, and I tried to update to 4.5 to see if may be it is the problem, because if it freeze entering on ds profile, may be the problem is really not in the red card. Like I said, I tried to update to 4.5 with Lego undercover's backup, but when it started to update, it freezes again, and I won't do that anymore, because if it was in the middle of the update, I could brick my 3DS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here