R4i 3ds gold card

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by gottuhaveit, Dec 6, 2013.

1. gottuhaveit
    OP

gottuhaveit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    United States
    East Coast
    I have a very simple question. I updated my ndsi to 1.4.5 firmware and then realized the card I had for it did not support the newest firmware so I purchased an r4i gold card but I sent the ndsi to Honduras to our relatives. I have 2 more ndsi consoles here but they are currently on 1.4.3 firmware. Will the card that I just purchased for 1.4.5 firmware work on a ndsi with lower firmware such as 1.4.3? I have been away from the scene for sometime since my kids don't use their consoles much anymore and I want to make sure this card will work before I send it to Honduras. I tried it in the consoles I have here and only get a black screen but like I said they are not on 1.4.5 firmware they are on 1.4.3. Sure would appreciate some helpful input on this matter and thank you kindly.

2. gottuhaveit
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    United States
    East Coast
    Well I guess everyone is away for the holidays. LOL I sure would appreciate and answer about my question here please and thank you.

3. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    take a picture of the front and back of the card and make sure can see the number/letter on the back on the top right connector pin

4. gottuhaveit
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    United States
    East Coast
    I googled around to see if the card is a knock off and from what I have found it is a real card. I purchased it from NDSgamer.com who I do believe is listed as a reseller on r4ids.cn. Here are the pics you asked about but it was impossible to get a good pic of the letter. The letter is a D just so you will know:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also included a pic of the package it came in and it has a holographic r4i pic that will disappear if you tilt the card certain ways and then re-appear when you have it facing correctly but all I really wanted to know is if the card is supposed to work on the ndsi that has a lower firmware than 1.4.5 such as 1.4.3. If it will not work then I will find a friend who has a ds that is on 1.4.5 to confirm it does work properly. One other thing is that I did not reformat the sdhc card before I put the r4wood firmware on it, I only deleted the old firmware and left the games on it and then dragged the new r4wood firmware on to it.

5. Pong20302000

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    Strange, Rev D is the Latest and should work on a 1.4.5 DSi and even 3DS's on 6.3.0 Firmware

make sure you have the latest Wood on the Micro SD card
    ftp://r4idsdown:r4idsdown@soft.r4ids.cn/Wood_R4iGold_V1.64.rar

tho would doesnt affect flashcard compatibility just see

but if still Black screen
    ftp://r4idsdown:r4idsdown@soft.r4ids.cn/r4igold_3DS62_Patch.rar
    apply the above patch the the card when running it on a 1.4.3 System and it should after it says "patching DONE!" in the progress bar, you can turn off the console and then eject the card and try it in the 1.4.5 and it should boot normally

gottuhaveit likes this.
  6. gottuhaveit
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    United States
    East Coast
    I think you did not understand me correctly. I have 1 dsi console that is on 1.4.5 firmware but I sent it off to Honduras. I also have 2 dsi consoles here but they are both on 1.4.3 firmware. The r4 card that I just purchased is already updated to run on 1.4.5 firmware. What I want to know is will this card work on a dsi console that is currently on firmware 1.4.3? I do not want to update the 2 consoles that I currently have because then I would have to purchase 2 more r4 cards. I just want to know it this card that I purchased is supposed to work on a firmware lower than 1.4.5 or do you have to update the console to 1.4.5 in order for the card to work. I also downloaded the latest r4wood for the ndsi and put it on the card as well. Please just answer the question I have posted here and thank you very much for your help.

I understand what you are saying about applying the patch but isn't the patch for r4 cards that are not compatible with the newest ndsi firmware? I am sending this card to Honduras to go in the console that I sent there that is currently on 1.4.5 firmware and I want to be positive that it will work once they get it because they know nothing about these things. If I apply the patch will it prevent the card from working on the console I sent to Honduras that is on 1.4.5 or do I even need to apply the patch if the card is already up to date? Thanks again

7. Pong20302000

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    the R4 card should work on all DSi Firmwares up to 1.4.5
    if its not blocked on the latest its pretty impossible for it to blocked on lower

8. gottuhaveit
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    United States
    East Coast
    Ok so do you think the patch will make it work on the lower firmware as you suggested or do you think it might be because I did not reformat the sdhc card at all before putting the latest r4wood on it. I sure do appreciate your input here as you truly have given me the information that I need. I don't visit the scene like I used to because my son and daughter are older now and they occupy their time with other things now a days. I just wanted to make sure I get this card up and running before I send it off to Honduras and they end up being stuck with a door stop. Thanks again

Update: Problem solved my friend. I feel like a real dumb ass for sure. I have always re-formatted my sdhc cards when using a new r4 card and this time I did not so I figured what the hell I will give it a shot. I just formatted the sdhc card and put the latest r4wood on it as I did last time and all is running perfectly as it should. That will teach me not to format my storage when I know I should. Thanks again for your help.