Homebrew R4DS + YSmenu + Moonshell

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you could also just forget all that extra BS everyone else has posted, and you could use the copy of YS menu I have pre-compiled for R4 cards
wink.gif
I've got it all set up so all you do is download, extract & copy to your micro SD card. That's it!!

Just drop me a PM if you're interested.

By the way.....RE: the post directly above me.....R4YSAuto sucks balls!!! If moonshell can't run it neither can R4YSAuto, because it runs on moonshell, giving it the same compatibility, by default.
The only way to get full R4 compatibility is to run full R4....which I have taken the liberty of pre-compiling for those of us less tech-savvy members using R4 cards
wink.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
or you could also just forget all that extra BS everyone else has posted, and you could use the copy of YS menu I have pre-compiled for R4 cards
wink.gif
I've got it all set up so all you do is download, extract & copy to your micro SD card. That's it!!

Just drop me a PM if you're interested.Yeah, um.. Don't do this.

lightyear said:
By the way.....RE: the post directly above me.....R4YSAuto sucks balls!!!Why?

lightyear said:
If moonshell can't run it neither can R4YSAuto, because it runs on moonshell, giving it the same compatibility, by default.
Sorry.. but R4YSAuto has NOTHING to do with Moonshell.
R4YSAuto is used to build YSMenu. It's a PC app.

QUOTE(lightyear @ Feb 22 2010, 01:57 PM)
The only way to get full R4 compatibility is to run full R4....which I have taken the liberty of pre-compiling for those of us less tech-savvy members using R4 cards
wink.gif
No... you've made YSMenu for R4...
YSMenu has NOTHING to do with R4.

Since you clearly know NOTHING about what you're trying to talk about... I'll explain.

YSMenu is an alternate menu that can launch games and even be used as firmware on certain cards. It uses the DSTT's firmware for ROM compatibility, so it's considerably more updated than the latest official R4 firmware v1.18 which was released April 24th 2008.

R4YSAuto is a tool to automatically build YSMenu for various cards like the R4, the M3 and G6 since those cards need certain modifications done to have the proper DLDI.

Moonshell is a multimeda homebrew application that DOES NOT load games at all. However, there is a feature called "extlink" in Moonshell where you can choose an application to load when a file of a certain type is run. For example, you could have a .TXT file open with a specific text reader application. Because of this, people (notably linoul and Xenon++) made homebrew apps which will run NDS files (i.e. GAMES) through YSMenu.
Moonshell has ZERO COMPATIBILITY for ROMs on its own, but instead uses YSMenu. Moonshell with a loader (like I listed above in my instructions) is the EXACT SAME as loading a ROM in YSMenu with the exclusion of cheats.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Yeah, um.. Don't do this.

I've got a nice list of users on another site that have all gotten YS to work when they never had before....don't be an asshole when you don't know me or what I'm capable of. You sound like you are pissed because I just pwned you by saying "why do this guide & get fake-ass YS when I've got the real thing all done already...here you go" Deal with it, and stop acting childish.

twiztidsinz said:
Why?

Because YSauto does NOT create YSmenu, but rather an executable that launches a fake knock-off of YS manu that runs similarly to an emulator....I can't think of a single person who would take an emulator when they could run the real thing from the same hardware.

twiztidsinz said:
Sorry.. but R4YSAuto has NOTHING to do with Moonshell.
R4YSAuto is used to build YSMenu. It's a PC app.

No, it isn't....read above.

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Feb 22 2010, 02:10 PM) No... you've made YSMenu for R4...

Yes, it does....YSmenu is a firmware that runs backups and roms on a slot-1 R4 flash cartridge......guess you've never heard of a typo, then????

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Feb 22 2010, 02:10 PM)
Since you clearly know NOTHING about what you're trying to talk about... I'll explain.

YSMenu is an alternate menu that can launch games and even be used as firmware on certain cards. It uses the DSTT's firmware for ROM compatibility, so it's considerably more updated than the latest official R4 firmware v1.18 which was released April 24th 2008.

R4YSAuto is a tool to automatically build YSMenu for various cards like the R4, the M3 and G6 since those cards need certain modifications done to have the proper DLDI.

Moonshell is a multimeda homebrew application that DOES NOT load games at all. However, there is a feature called "extlink" in Moonshell where you can choose an application to load when a file of a certain type is run. For example, you could have a .TXT file open with a specific text reader application. Because of this, people (notably linoul and Xenon++) made homebrew apps which will run NDS files (i.e. GAMES) through YSMenu.
Moonshell has ZERO COMPATIBILITY for ROMs on its own, but instead uses YSMenu. Moonshell with a loader (like I listed above in my instructions) is the EXACT SAME as loading a ROM in YSMenu with the exclusion of cheats.

No shit, smartass....you think I compiled something that I don't understand??? Don't be so retarded!!!

Now, having proven you wrong on several points, I'm going to ask you to keep your mouth shut, and not to reply because all you will do is make yourself look even more stupid than you already have.....oh, and enjoy your fake-ass YSmenu knock-off with fake-ass ROM compatibility....and meanwhile I'll sit here & enjoy my REAL fully-compatible YSmenu that, by the way, doesn't require a single DS game to be patched before playing.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN REAL YS MENU PLEASE DROP A PM

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
Because YSauto does NOT create YSmenu, but rather an executable that launches a fake knock-off of YS manu that runs similarly to an emulator....I can't think of a single person who would take an emulator when they could run the real thing from the same hardware.So VERY wrong.
It doesn't emulate anything.

lightyear said:
twiztidsinz said:
No... you've made YSMenu for R4...

Yes, it does....YSmenu is a firmware that runs backups and roms on a slot-1 R4 flash cartridge......guess you've never heard of a typo, then????
Sorry, no.
YSMenu is a homebrew menu. Nothing more and has NOTHING to do with R4 or R4 Firmware.
It -CAN- run as firmware on official R4's and M3 Simply and DSTT, but it's a homebrew app.

QUOTE(lightyear @ Feb 22 2010, 03:59 PM)
No shit, smartass....you think I compiled something that I don't understand??? Don't be so retarded!!!

Now, having proven you wrong on several points, I'm going to ask you to keep your mouth shut, and not to reply because all you will do is make yourself look even more stupid than you already have.....oh, and enjoy your fake-ass YSmenu knock-off with fake-ass ROM compatibility....and meanwhile I'll sit here & enjoy my REAL fully-compatible YSmenu that, by the way, doesn't require a single DS game to be patched before playing.
By this reply I -KNOW- for a fact you know nothing about what you're talking about.
Claiming that YSMenu for R4 is fake and emulating...

The only thing you've proven is that you know NOTHING.
Go be an idiot elsewhere.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who do you prefer?

In the Red corner - twiztidsinz - weighing in at 1364 posts - stoic, sensible and a with a dry sense of humour.

Or

In the Blue corner - lightyear
- weigning in at 174 posts - young, passionate and a little touchy.

But seriously guys, do we have to have another slinging match?

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
should i not DLdi patch the _vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds and _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds?

EDIT:
Mantis41 said:
Who do you prefer?

In the Red corner - twiztidsinz - weighing in at 1364 posts - stoic, sensible and a with a dry sense of humour.

Or

In the Blue corner - lightyear
- weigning in at 174 posts - young, passionate and a little touchy.

But seriously guys, do we have to have another slinging match?

I vote for twiztidsinz
smile.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz makes more sense.

and YSAuto is just another way of making YSMenu for your R4.

@Link0518

no, you don't need to patch them.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
YSMenu for R4 is fake and emulating...

What I actually said is:

QUOTE(lightyear @ Feb 22 2010, 03:59 PM) Because YSauto does NOT create YSmenu, but rather an executable that launches a fake knock-off of YS manu that runs similarly to an emulator.

SIMILAR
TO AN EMULATOR....READ, ASSHOLE!!!!!!

It is a homebrew app if you run YSauto. If you run YSmenu, you are running a firmware similar to moonshell but with MUCH BETTER compatibility. YSauto is an app that runs off moonshell, therefore only allowing the same compatibility as moonshell.

If you have YSauto, you boot monshell then run YSauto. If you have YSmenu, you boot YSmenu.....that's the huge difference. YSmenu is its own firmware....YSauto requires moonshell firmware.

I'd love to know where the hell you got the idea that YSauto is a PC app....
tongue.gif
Compiling a firmware ON your PC doesn't make it FOR your PC hahahaha

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
What I actually said is:

lightyear said:
Because YSauto does NOT create YSmenu, but rather an executable that launches a fake knock-off of YS manu that runs similarly to an emulator.

SIMILAR
TO AN EMULATOR....READ, ASSHOLE!!!!!!Except for the fact that it's NOT LIKE AN EMULATOR IN ANY WAY WHAT-SO-EVER.

lightyear said:
It is a homebrew app if you run YSauto. If you run YSmenu, you are running a firmware similar to moonshell but with MUCH BETTER compatibility. YSauto is an app that runs off moonshell, therefore only allowing the same compatibility as moonshell.WRONG AGAIN.
Moonshell DOES NOT SUPPORT COMMERCIAL ROM LOADING IN ANY FASHION. PERIOD.
It never has and never will.

QUOTE(lightyear @ Feb 22 2010, 06:21 PM) If you have YSauto, you boot monshell then run YSauto. If you have YSmenu, you boot YSmenu.....that's the huge difference. YSmenu is its own firmware....YSauto requires moonshell firmware.
You are thinking of a completely different thing than R4YSAuto.

R4YSAuto is a custom Batch file (See below for what a batch file is) that will collect certain information about what settings you want YSMenu to have, and runs TTExtract.exe -- A file that is INCLUDED WITH YSMENU SO THAT YOU CAN USE YSMENU ON R4, M3 SIMPLY and G6 CARDS -- as well as some other steps such as DLDI patching, so that it will be simpler for end-users who either don't have much knowledge of how to do things like this or flat out don't want to spend the time doing it manually.

nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds by linoul and nds.YSLoader.nds by Xenon++ are NOT, I say again NOT, that's N - O - T, NOT R4YSAuto.
The two files, nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds and nds.YSLoader.nds, are EXTLINK LOADERS, they LINK EXTERNAL applications to Moonshell2.
Specifically, they LINK a custom and EXTERNAL YSMenu loader to Moonshell2 to launch games from the menu.
Here's what happens:
Select a game in Moonshell2 -> Loader copies the game info into the AUTO_BOOT section of YSMenu.ini -> Loader runs YSMenu.nds -> YSMenu will load the game listed in the AUTO_BOOT section of YSMenu.ini

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FAKE YSMENU!!

QUOTE(lightyear @ Feb 22 2010, 06:21 PM)
I'd love to know where the hell you got the idea that YSauto is a PC app....
tongue.gif
Compiling a firmware ON your PC doesn't make it FOR your PC hahahaha
No. It runs ON the PC because it's a BATCH file (.bat) which is a file that contains a series of commands (also known as a BATCH of commands) that are executed one after the other.

If you had ANY clue what so ever of what you were talking about you would not be arguing with me on this matter because you are completely wrong in everything you've said.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
i think he left because you showed him that he is a complete tard and has no idea what he is talking about, now he must was the shit out of his underpants

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
I have almost never seen such a large amount of failure within such a short amount of time xD. Go Twiztidsinz, you prove that unknowing know-it all. I can't believe I missed such a heated debate xD.

i was there reading each idiotic post by lightyear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Mhm