Hacking R4DS+YSMenu and cheats

Relon124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I recently installed YSMenu on my original R4DS so I could play newer games that won't work in the default firmware. Anyways, I was wondering in what directory do I place the cheat.dat in for the YSMenu firmware.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
n0ob said:
Actually, my YSMenu uses the cheats in the _system_ folder.
YSMenu doesn't have a _system_ folder. If you build it correctly you should only have a TTMenu folder and a _DS_MENU.dat file. The USRCHEAT.dat goes in the TTMENU folder as previously stated.

n0ob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
n0ob said:
YSMenu doesn't have a _system_ folder. If you build it correctly you should only have a TTMenu folder and a _DS_MENU.dat file. The USRCHEAT.dat goes in the TTMENU folder as previously stated.

It's the R4 system folder.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
n0ob said:
Depravo said:
n0ob said:

It's the R4 system folder.

There should be no system folder when using ysmenu on r4 -.-

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just did this last night. Changed operating firmware and installed cheats. Followed the sticky guide above - all the information is in there.

Sticky: Guide to installing + uninstalling YSmenu on the R4

QUOTE said:
Do you like to cheat? If so, check this out. Ok, so what you want to do is go to http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ and download the file called usrcheat.dat. What you do with that file is you place it in your TTMenu folder. Then, when you boot up your DS, press Y while hovering over a DS game. A cheat menu will come up! (provided their are cheats available for that game) Here you can press A to select which ones you want, or press A on them again to deselect them. Press Start when you are done to save the cheats or B to cancel and discard the changes. You can also uncheck the cheats box while highlighting a game to completely turn off cheats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat