Naridar

Excelsior!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi everyone! I've got the following problem:

I have a DS lite I bought in 2007 and an original R4 from the same year. Now, when I try to start up the DS with the R4 in it, it doesn't skip to the R4 menu like it should. It says "No DS cartridge inserted". When I push the micro SD card (Kingston 1 GB or Sandisk 2 GB) a bit further in, it boots to the R4 menu, only to report a "the hardware is not compatible" error.

It worked flawlessly for ~3 years. What can be done to solve this problem?

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Naridar said:
The problem seems to be with the micro SD card slot. Still, I might try the mentioned trick.
If the SD card doesn't make contact it would say "Couldn't find the SD/TF card", just as you would get without any SD card inserted. In this case the whole R4 is not seen by the DS, which is most likely a contact problem between the R4 contacts and the DS connector. Therefore I don't think this is an SD card slot problem.The paper trick (lifting the R4 contacts just a tiny little bit) should do the trick. Of course the contacts itself should be clean.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf