R4DS not loading

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by desto, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010

R4DS not loading by desto at 5:50 AM (1,208 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. desto
    OP

Newcomer desto Newbie

Mexico
    I have a R4DS flash cart and I have been using it for a while now, about a year or so. I had the YSMENU firmware and it never gave me any problems. I played the DS yesterday, and when I turned it on today, I only get a black loading screen and it stays there. I tried formatting the sd card to fat/fat32, even tried the 1.18 R4 kernel and 1.05, and tried it on another sd card, and it still stays at the loading screen.
    Even when I insert the flascard with no sd in it, it gives me the Loading screen instead of the no sd card screen.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or is it telling me to buy another flashcard?

2. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Have you tried the "paper trick" - sliding it in between the R4 (sticker side) and the DS slot? Sounds like this may be your problem.

3. Bluelaserman

Member Bluelaserman I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!

Australia
    First of all, Your R4 is a Fake. Second, try cleaning the slot for which the Micro SD card goes in. Thirdly, Put on all the files which made it work earlier, if it worked with the files before, it'll work again with the files.

4. Dark^'^Knigh

Australia
    Where did this post come from? F***, I've got so many questions!

Did you read OP's post at all?
    How the heck did you draw the assumption that his cart is fake? [​IMG]
    OP said he/she has tried everything, no indication of anything to the contrary.

@desto,
    Should the paper trick fail, you will need to advise us of your setup.....ie. type of R4 (do you still have the box it came in, if so advise website listed on it) / MSD brand & size

5. desto
    OP

Newcomer desto Newbie

Mexico
    First, I know it's a clone since I bought it about a year ago. The box has the http://www.r4ds.com web page.

I tried the paper trick, and it still sits on Loading, and now it's kinda difficult to get the flash card in and out .

The box just says R4 Revolution for DS. I have a DS Lite by the way.

6. Dark^'^Knigh

Australia
    I have an original R4DS running a dual boot FW (official v1.18 & YSMenu, with the unofficial v1.17.a12). The website & box is exactly what my original is, so that doesn't tell me its fake...but, you say you know it is, so be it.
    Now, did you keep the firmware that was on it before it stopped working? If so, tell us what the system files, etc are so we have a better understanding of what you have in your possession.

7. kernelPANIC

Member kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    The paper trick ends up messing up your DS beyond recognition.
    I used it with mine and now it can't even run regular games (i.e: legally purchased) without it... [​IMG]

8. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    How the hell did it mess up your DS?, I had to use the "paper trick" on one of my R4's a long time ago, and i'm still using the same DS now

9. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    It pushes the contacts in towards the inside of the DS, and not the outside so when you stop using the 'paper trick', your games won't be read any more.

10. desto
    OP

Newcomer desto Newbie

Mexico
    I had YSMENU running, I erased the ones I had, but I have a backup on mi PC, this are the files that I used:
    [​IMG]

Edit: I could get it once to actually boot, but since I only had system files in there I couldn't do anything. When I turned it off and on again, it was stuck on Loading again. I don't know what to think of it now [​IMG]