desto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a R4DS flash cart and I have been using it for a while now, about a year or so. I had the YSMENU firmware and it never gave me any problems. I played the DS yesterday, and when I turned it on today, I only get a black loading screen and it stays there. I tried formatting the sd card to fat/fat32, even tried the 1.18 R4 kernel and 1.05, and tried it on another sd card, and it still stays at the loading screen.
Even when I insert the flascard with no sd in it, it gives me the Loading screen instead of the no sd card screen.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or is it telling me to buy another flashcard?

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, Your R4 is a Fake. Second, try cleaning the slot for which the Micro SD card goes in. Thirdly, Put on all the files which made it work earlier, if it worked with the files before, it'll work again with the files.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bluelaserman said:
First of all, Your R4 is a Fake. Second, try cleaning the slot for which the Micro SD card goes in. Thirdly, Put on all the files which made it work earlier, if it worked with the files before, it'll work again with the files.
Where did this post come from? F***, I've got so many questions!

Did you read OP's post at all?
How the heck did you draw the assumption that his cart is fake?
wacko.gif

OP said he/she has tried everything, no indication of anything to the contrary.

@desto,
Should the paper trick fail, you will need to advise us of your setup.....ie. type of R4 (do you still have the box it came in, if so advise website listed on it) / MSD brand & size

desto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Dark^'^Knight said:
bluelaserman said:
Where did this post come from? F***, I've got so many questions!

Did you read OP's post at all?
How the heck did you draw the assumption that his cart is fake?
wacko.gif

OP said he/she has tried everything, no indication of anything to the contrary.

@desto,
Should the paper trick fail, you will need to advise us of your setup.....ie. type of R4 (do you still have the box it came in, if so advise website listed on it) / MSD brand & size

First, I know it's a clone since I bought it about a year ago. The box has the http://www.r4ds.com web page.

I tried the paper trick, and it still sits on Loading, and now it's kinda difficult to get the flash card in and out .

The box just says R4 Revolution for DS. I have a DS Lite by the way.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have an original R4DS running a dual boot FW (official v1.18 & YSMenu, with the unofficial v1.17.a12). The website & box is exactly what my original is, so that doesn't tell me its fake...but, you say you know it is, so be it.
Now, did you keep the firmware that was on it before it stopped working? If so, tell us what the system files, etc are so we have a better understanding of what you have in your possession.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
kernelPANIC said:
The paper trick ends up messing up your DS beyond recognition.
I used it with mine and now it can't even run regular games (i.e: legally purchased) without it...
frown.gif

How the hell did it mess up your DS?, I had to use the "paper trick" on one of my R4's a long time ago, and i'm still using the same DS now

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It pushes the contacts in towards the inside of the DS, and not the outside so when you stop using the 'paper trick', your games won't be read any more.

desto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Dark^'^Knight said:
I have an original R4DS running a dual boot FW (official v1.18 & YSMenu, with the unofficial v1.17.a12). The website & box is exactly what my original is, so that doesn't tell me its fake...but, you say you know it is, so be it.
Now, did you keep the firmware that was on it before it stopped working? If so, tell us what the system files, etc are so we have a better understanding of what you have in your possession.

I had YSMENU running, I erased the ones I had, but I have a backup on mi PC, this are the files that I used:
212e7tk.png

Edit: I could get it once to actually boot, but since I only had system files in there I couldn't do anything. When I turned it off and on again, it was stuck on Loading again. I don't know what to think of it now
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up