R4DS Loading problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Icychains, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009

R4DS Loading problem by Icychains at 11:06 AM (1,344 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Icychains
    OP

Newcomer Icychains Member

United States
    I've been looking for fixes for this loading problem for a good.. 7 hours. Nothing I've tried has worked.. I've tried YSmenu and even a friends firmware. I've tried the r4ds sdhc kernel and it still just said loading.. so I guess it's not a fake? I've also tried the one on the r4 site.

I've tried a Sandisk and a Kingston SD if that means anything.. like I guess it reads the card since it'll say "Couldn't find the SD/TF card" so am I just messing up when I install the firmwares or something..?

I looked on the box and the site that was listed was just www.r4ds.com so I am REALLY confused.. If anyone can help that'd be great. Sorry for posting another loading screen topic.

Also.. How can a card not support sdhc just wondering? Isn't that how it reads the stuff?

2. k3r5hy

Newcomer k3r5hy Newbie

United Kingdom
    if its the original r4 you can't use sdhc memory cards. you can only use upto 2gb memory cards

3. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Looks like the original R4. There's no way to make SDHC cards work on it, so you're limited to 2GB MicroSD cards.

4. Icychains
    OP

United States
    Really? That's...Good...But annoying? I don't think I have any 2GB SD cards at the moment but I'll try and get one today. I'll post if it worked or not.. Back to the firmware BS.. D:

But it reads that there is a card in there.. ?

5. Icychains
    OP

United States
    wait.. micro sd..sdhc whats the diff

6. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    It's like the difference between a CD and a DVD. They both look the same and fit in the same hole but a DVD has a higher capacity and a CD player can't read a DVD.

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    MicroSD = Secure Digital
    MicroSDHC = Secure Digital High Capacity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDHC
    "SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity, SD 2.0) is an extension of the SD standard which increases card's storage capacity up to 32 GB. SDHC cards share the same physical and electrical form factor as older (SD 1.x) cards, allowing SDHC-devices to support both newer SDHC cards and older SD-cards. To increase addressable storage, SDHC uses sector addressing instead of byte addressing in the previous SD standard. Byte addressing supported card capacities up to 4 GB, whereas sector addressing can theoretically support capacities up to 2 TB (2048 GB). The current standard limits the maximum capacity of an SDHC card to 32 GB[19] (it is expected that the SDHC specification will be revised in the future to allow card capacities greater than 32 GB[20]). SDHC cards will not work in devices designed to the older SD 1.x specification. The SDHC trademark is licensed to ensure compatibility.[21]"

8. Icychains
    OP

United States
    Thank you. I'm gonna get the 2GB tomorrow and hopefully it works.. Also, does anyone know a good and a legit site, fast shipping prefered for an AceKard (US)

I tried console source before, I got a fake AK2i and bricked my DSi

9. h8isgr8

Member h8isgr8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Check your PM.

10. Icychains
    OP

United States
    delete? lol

11. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Delete what?

12. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    You don't need to reply to someone's comment telling them to check their PM's...
    Once they visit the site, there is a window that pops up telling them they have a new message.

13. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    If it's for a reliable site why not let everyone know?