R4DS from *snip

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by g8rh8rrr, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2009

R4DS from *snip by g8rh8rrr at 8:22 AM (1,364 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. g8rh8rrr
    OP

Newcomer g8rh8rrr Newbie

United States
    I did a lot a research prior to purchasing my R4DS card. Some comments on this board almost kept me from buying from Deveno. I saw numerous people bashing Deveno, but none of the negative comments came from his customers. So, I took a small chance and bought a R4 card from Deveno because it was preloaded with the firmware and ready to go. When it arrived, it was exactly what he and Ryosabo described. I just bought another R4 card from Deveno for my nephew and I highly recommend him. Since Deveno monitors this board here is a message:

THANKS DEVENO, and look for more business from my friends & family in Georgia & Florida.

2. hasboon

Newcomer hasboon Advanced Member

United States
    deveno never heard of em hows the shipping?

3. Dack

Member Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
  4. NDSgamer

Newcomer NDSgamer Newbie

United States
    I purchased from them after reading the long pages on r4ds-forums and found they have really good service and reasonable shipping time. Of course shipping time is going to be a week or two because they are in Hong Kong but it's a lot faster then VR when I ordered just a screen protector which took almost 4 weeks!!

Anyway, after I received my item from Deveno (r4ds and 2gb package), I do question the authenticity of this "black list." They put sites on the list but don't have specific reasons. Just a list with a list. I did some research after reading this and found all they did was some shady advertising. Ok, that's bad but not "black list" bad. The price was great and tracking was provided. Shipping for me took 9 days total.

About that dude who say they drop ship from volumerate, I can call bullshit on that guy. Besides that questionable "customer", I have yet to read one bad review. I have only read many good reviews on r4ds-forum and no one here have had a bad experience from Deveno.

Anyway, I know I'm a noob on here but that's my 2 cents

5. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Don't buy an R4. Get something else.

6. NDSgamer

Newcomer NDSgamer Newbie

United States
    What's wrong with the R4? Still very easy to use and large community support. Larger then any other flash carts I've seen. But this thread is not about that. I mean, you can buy anything you want from any site you want. However, the same goes for people saying anything they want about a site as well.

Do the author of this list authenticate the information given? What percentage could the problems be "buyer error?" How reasonable were the buyers in giving a chance for sellers to fix problems? Even if a site did bad one time, they may have changed now to provide better service.

So again, I do question this "black lists" authenticity. Do they take into account the good experiences that other buyers have? When companies are selling 100's to 1000's of items per month, there's bound to be one or two dissatisfy customers, ones that just can't seem to be happy no matter what the people do. Should these companies be on a "black list" for less then 1% of these unhappy customers?

It would be more helpful if the specific reasons for being on this list are supported by links so people can decide for themselves if it's still worth it to buy from them.

7. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    The R4 firmware has been discontinued you should at least had gotten the R4ultra they support sdhc and update in firmware they are a pretty good R4 clone.

8. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Getting R4, alone is reason enough that you'll be considered a n00b and you're giving away feeling that you're really not thinking this trough..Obviously you haven't been searching around enough..R4, at this point, is THE worst choice you can make..

But this aside, advertising sites is against rules here, so this thread is closed..
    And:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.