R4DS Crono Cheat Code

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Hackmodford, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009

R4DS Crono Cheat Code by Hackmodford at 12:27 AM (880 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Hackmodford
    OP

Newcomer Hackmodford Newbie

United States
    I had to recently reformat my r4ds's microSD. Because of this I wasn't able to save my firmware setup/cheat file

I basically am trying to get the cheat code for chrono trigger that allows you to... you know... actually play the game.

I've downloaded YASU patched R4DS firmware and the new update cheat file (atleast I think I have) but the cheat option doesn't show up for chrono trigger.

Got any ideas or links?

2. OtakuGamerZ

Member OtakuGamerZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So you have YSMenu and the newest cheat file. Where is the usrcheat.dat file? Is it in your _system_ or TTMenu folder. Do any cheats show up? Welcome to GBAtemp. If you find a file named thumbs.db try moving it into TTMenu folder and put the usrcheat.dat the same folder.

3. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Try checking the cheats thread?

4. Hackmodford
    OP

United States
    No, currently I'm using the official r4ds firmware with the patch that fixes the cheat code bug. I'm also using the updated cheat file found here. http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ I downloaded the file called all and replaced cheat.dat with the file found in the zip.

Should I be using YSmenu? I've never seen any screenshots.

Also I'm using linux. If I remember right, you couldn't just download this firmware but had to compile it or something. Is it easy to set up in linux?

5. GenesisX

Member GenesisX GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well.. it could be a possibility that the Game ID for your chrono Trigger doesn't match the one in the usrcheat.dat

6. Hackmodford
    OP

United States
    I downloaded YSMenu

and just ran it from the r4ds firmware. I can't actually run anything but it recognizes that there are cheats available for Chrono Trigger. It's using the r4ds cheat file right? It doesn't have cheats built in as far as I know...

7. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
  8. Hackmodford
    OP

United States
    I'm using linux so this might be a problem.

I'm going to attempt it using wine...

9. dudenator

Member dudenator King of the Carts

Canada
    get the cheat.dat or whatever u need 4 r4.

10. Hackmodford
    OP

United States
    I already HAVE the cheat file for R4!

In any case I followed the instructions to install YSMenu as the firmware. (Was quite a challenge seeing I'm using linux, at one point I had to have my friend run the BAT and email me the result) But it worked.

Now this thing is okay (since it found chronotrigger cheats) but is there anything better? It's decent enough since it doesn't lose any functionality from the original r4 software but it's quite ugly and not very feature rich in my opinion.

What does DMA and RESET do?

Thanx

11. OtakuGamerZ

Member OtakuGamerZ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have no clue what DMA is. Reset lets you hold certain buttons to exit a game and return to the menu (i think), but it never worked for me.
    If you want to change the background you can go to ndsthemes.com and find some good pics. then rename the top screen picture to YSMenu1, bottom screen renamed to YSMenu2 and put them in the TTmenu folder.

One last thing is YSMenu won't play some homebrew that the R4 firmware can. That's why I made mine left button on startup is R4 firmware, middle is Moonshell2+YSMenu combo, right slot-2, and Moonshell2+ YSMenu looks really cool compared to normal YSMenu, but you still have to boot normal YSMenu if you wan't to use cheats which sucks [​IMG]

12. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    i read somewhere if you hold a certain button while loading the game (i think it's B) it will show u the cheats using Moonshell2&YSMenu combo

and also DMA means Direct Memory Access i think it is supposed to help with compatability