Hacking R4DS + 4GB MicroSD???

bang3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been reading a lot about R4 DS + 4GB MicroSD cards.. here's my question :

Is there a difference between 4GB MicroSD and MicroSDHC? Does 4GB MicroSDHC work with R4DS?

If not, do they even make 4GB that's NOT MicroSDHC? I can't find any.

Basically I want a 4GB card for my R4DS. Can anyone tell me if they've had any luck getting any to work with theirs?

Thanks for your help!

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
lol
tongue.gif

Most posted thread..

No. it doesnt support SDHC

however, i think there are 4gb cards around..

bang3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember someone saying something about there being a difference in speed/quality with Kingston MicroSD cards, like the Japanese ones were better... anyone heard of this?

bang3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then from what I gather :

1) I can't use a 4GB MicroSDHC with an R4 DS. (Anyone know if this is planned on being implemented in the future? I saw some posts back in October that hinted towards this... please confirm)

2) I could use a 4GB MicroSD card if there were any to be had (but I can't seem to find any websites selling 4GB MicroSD, only 4GB MicroSDHC)

3) Japanese Kingston is slightly more reliable/a little faster than most SD cards when using with R4 DS.

Can anyone confirm these points, are the above statements correct? I appreciate your help fellas..

stephenophof

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
- The R4DS doesn't supports MicroSDHC-cards.

- The difference between MicroSD and MicroSDHC is that MicroSDHC can have a higher capacity (HC in the name MicroSDHC means: 'High Capacity') up to 32GB and it's faster than MicroSD.

- The biggest MicroSD-card is 2GB.
- I've asked Kingston and they said that there isn't a 4GB MicroSD-card.

- You can only have 4GB when you buy 2GB MicroSD-cards.

There isn't another way to have 4GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board. +1