Hacking r4cce (R4 Cheat Code Editor) ver.0.86

cir5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I got the recent r4cce ver.0.86 from Yasu's site and have also recently upgraded to a new PC running windows 7 x64. And well, it seems like no matter what version of the r4cce I have it simply will not work. I only get this error message every time.

r4cce.english.xml contains error: the device is not ready

So my question is, is there a way to make this run on my win 7 x64 so that I may continue to add/edit my own code list?

Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you.

cir5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsrules, thanks for the answer, however I have downloaded this file from your link more then (16) sixteen times now. I have even went to my brothers whom runs a win XP (SP2) computer and downloaded it there.

The files work just fine on his PC, all in English, confirmed working as normal. However when I download it here, or even more that confirmed working file to my win 7 x64 PC, I still get that same error message every time. Could I be doing something wrong? or not doing something I'm supposed to, to make this work for me on my own PC?

This is what I get every time I download r4cce v.0.86

http://oi52.tinypic.com/n21gnl.jpg

http://oi56.tinypic.com/s4cj91.jpg

cir5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly yes I have a few times, that just causes a whole new set of errors.

I have to rename the original r4cce.xml file to something else first, in the first screen shot it's at the top renamed as r4cce1.xml and the I can rename the English file.

When I load it after that I get this error, "There is no disk in the drive, please insert a disk in drive D:."

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2rwx15k.jpg

I then immediately get the first error from the previous post, only now stead of saying "r4cce.English.xml has an error," it just says "r4cce.xml has an error and is not ready."

cir5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that too, even installed all the optional updates. Same problems.

I am going to try one more thing though. Going to try adding Virtual System to my PC and try running the r4cce once I have gotten Windows XP mode all up and running.

Hopefully that works and I'll be back to scream Hooray!

cir5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears as if my Windows XP (SP2) Virtual Console running on my Windows 7 Home Premium x64 does indeed make the r4cce work!

However, this may be a fix for me, but I still think something should be done to simply make the r4cce run correctly on newer systems. I know it supposed to already, but if I had to put in this much effort just to use it then I'm sure other will come across this problem as well at some point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1