Hacking R4 Washed in washing machine

l-p-maniac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the chances it'll still work,I don't have a micro SD card to check but It seems to be working
(It Says couldn't find sd/tf card)

l-p-maniac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I washed a DS game once and it still works. Put your flashcard in some rice and let it dry for about 24 hours and then try it.

I don't have micro-SD card for the moment,I'm getting another on Friday.I should work though,Pokemon Pearl was washed with it and it works fine and I doesn't even look as though it was washed.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as you make sure it dries before tryin it, it should be OK. You could also try putting it in a bowl of rice, that will help draw out any moisture.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
l-p-maniac said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I washed a DS game once and it still works. Put your flashcard in some rice and let it dry for about 24 hours and then try it.

I don't have micro-SD card for the moment,I'm getting another on Friday.I should work though,Pokemon Pearl was washed with it and it works fine and I doesn't even look as though it was washed.
Well I suggest to be safe, get like a small bowl with a cover and put some rice in it, then put your card in it and cover it with the rice, make sure not to get the rice in the micoSD slot and leave it there till Friday. The rice will help to absorb to water faster and keep it dry.
That's what I do whenever I wash my electronics

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Open it up and make sure it is dry. Opening is just remove the screw and then gently take both halves of the shell apart. Use hot air (hair dryer) if you need to to get it absolutely dry. The longer it stays wet the lower the chances of survival. Use the hair dryer on a low setting and low speed to minimize static. Make certain no moisture is left, especially in corners and under the chip, because a little bit of water will corrode the solder joints and if that happens it most likely a total loss. Good luck.

P.S. you can test the R4 without an SD card inserted, it should at least boot and say something about a missing card if it is an original or some other message when it is a clone. When nothing happens then that will be a bad sign. Of course dry first before trying this!

D

Deleted User

I read the title and lol'd my ass off
biggrin.gif
In the event that it doesn't work, it is only £1.60 at Shoptemp

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[I understand why original post was removed by the moderator, sorry, could not resist. I tried to edit it but it stays blocked, therefore a new posting to followup]

I'm still curious if the R4 survived. OP what say you, is it still working or was the R4 lost?

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
if an electronic object goes into water and if its not powered on... just dry it and be sure to make sure to make sure it is indeed dry!

AFAIK water will only f*** the object if its using power... because it would cause a short circuit and KABOOOOOM, if its powered off, as long as you make sure it is dried its safe!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o