Hacking R4 timebomb exploded / fix possible ?

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone !
Half a year ago I played some games on my 3DS with a R4 3DS RTS , then my sister some why plugged it off while I was playing and then it said : an error occurred . Please hold the [off] button to...
I thought it was the timebomb , but then it’s weird because it ignited within 10 seconds .
So I started to fix it without success ( I tried installing the YSMenu ) .
• Was (is) this error the timebomb?
• Can I fix it even though it exploded ?
• Where can I find other R4 (or alternatives) cards in Europe?

Thanks for paying attention!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"An error occurred" Is usually a message of a 2|3DS or DSi blocking a flashcart because of whitelist check. The error screen comes up before the kernel (with or without timebomb) even has a chance to load.

Some questions:

* Has your 3DS been on a very low firmware (below 7.0) before and have you updated recently?
* Have you tried a DS Lite or DS Phat? Best way to check if the R4 still works.
* Do you have custom firmware on your 3DS? Does other DS software work (retail games, DS Internet Settings, DS Downlload Play)?

Maybe this helps to pinpoint the issue.

Good luck!

Siegesmund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@KleinesSinchen Alles Original , nur die Karte meckert rum . 3ds wurde regelmäßig geupdatet , hab nur einen DSi zur anderen Hand , der voll funktionsfähig ist (Internet , Download-Play ; alles geht) :P
Hab grad gesehen dass man eine beliebige Version auf die Karte packen kann ; wird es klappen ??

Translation : Everything is original , the card is making me go crazy . The 3ds has been updated frequently , my DSi is working properly !
I've seen that you can upload a random firmware to it ; will it work??

Alright , I just bought an R4 Gold Pro 2020 on amazon , and I will sooner or later install YSMenu to prevent the C4 from exploding .

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The timebomb wasn't your issue, though.
When the timebomb triggers, you get a black screen with a red message telling you to update (looks like this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-gold-card-error-on-luma3ds-11-6.487816/). And if you get that, all that is required is for you to use the card again is to set the system time to a date before the timebomb triggers.
Or use a kernel that doesn't have a timebomb - like ysmenu. In which case you need to copy the right files for your card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)