Hacking R4 Theme Problem

assassin98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I have an r4i-yes ,but i dont know how to change the change the main theme of it......i can only change the game menu theme of it

assassin98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
its the same as r4i sdhc ,but except there isa wifi button at the bottom right screen and an internet button instead of settings

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
gautam said:
The R4 Themes dont work,maybe you R4 is a fake,so bad.

He knows it's a clone. He mentioned that it was an "R4-yes". Any R4 which is not called just "R4" on the box is a clone.

Besides, he's not trying to run an R4 theme on it- he's trying to run a R4i-SDHC theme (the right, or close to it, clone).

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I've had a look at the kernel and because it's a mix of a customized menu and TTmenu (ttmenu for games which is why you can change the theme for that) so R4i-SDHC skins will not work on your card and they cannot be adapted either as the customized menu uses it's own skin so unless the manufacturer of your card comes up with some sort of skin designer and skins I think you're stuffed.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Zekrom_cool said:
cud u give the basic structure of ur root ?
Why not just download the latest kernel and examine it?

Here is what Waleed Ahmed has to put up with:-

Beup (folder)
Moonshel(folder)
NDSMail (folder)
Plugins (folder)
Skin (folder) (Don't get too excited all it contains is an .ini file and background images for the top and bottom screen)
svsip (folder)
System (folder)
ttmenu (folder)
0000-BACK R4MENU.NDS
r4i.tp
r41.dat
r42.dat
Read Me.txt
TTMENU.SYS

From what I can tell you can easily change ttmenu skin but then that's only for the game menu. For the main menu you cannot change any of the buttons but you could change the background images. you would just need to rename 2 256x192 BMP images to the same as the ones already there.

It's a total mess of a kernel which has the need for two usrcheat.dat's as it seems to be almost a dual boot sytem.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Waleed Ahmad said:
YEP!!! dats my clone.....and im using the latest firmware
I know.

TBH the only way you are going to be able to change your startup menu (looks like you can only do the background and not alter the buttons) is to find a skin that you like for another R4 system and find out which of the files is the background images for the top and bottom screen, makesure that they are in BMP format and rename them so that their name is identical to the BMP files in the skin folder of your root directory and replace them. You could alter the colours by editing the .ini file in the same folder but I wouldn't really recommend that.

There's no easy way of doing this as TBH I personally think you've bought a very bad R4 card. If you want one where you can change skins on it you should really look at the manufacturers website before you buy to see if they have any skins or skin makers on there.

assassin98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Well, i searched a lot in my r4 root but i could'nt find the background image. all i found was the game menu theme,which was named game_topp and game_down

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30