Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No as in, you won't be able to launch DSiWare (even legit DSiWare!) or DS cartridge unless you are in CFW. This won't brick the system though since TWL_FIRM is not needed for the console to boot properly. It only bricks TWL mode unless you are in CFW.

Yeah was able to boot CycloDS via modified rom dump awhile back. But it has integrity checks that it does and fails (for obvious reasons) so it will keep wanting to update firmware. (which that step does work properly, so I suppose you could use it to update firmware using a 3DS. :P ). It will just not boot because of the integrity checks it does.

Unless someone can RE the rom and patch out the integrity checks, CycloDS won't work. I tried a soft reset SRL earlier and that failed to boot the card. :(

EDIT:

@FIX94 check this out. Video finally ready:

As you can see I'm able to init the cartridge for DSTT. Gateway Blue Cart and retail games still seem to require the cart swapper, but not the DSTT. Hopefully this is a pattern that applies to all the older flashcarts. If one bruteforces it enough, it will init the card succesfully. You just have to have checks in place to verify it was inited before attempting to launch it else you'll just hang the system. :P

Can the same thing be done by starting the card launcher without the card inserted then inserting it at the right timing like in the video where you do the switch?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit! Now I am gonna waste my friday off from work to dig through my stuff for my m3 real...oh wait this requires emunand? Well fuck that! I do not mess with having two copies of my system installed even if one is on the sd card.

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to confirm the standard DSTT kernal worked fine. The card was a SDHC 4GB with fat32 format, which apparently has caused issues for people but it's working fine here.

chulosg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• dstti-500x500.jpg
    dstti-500x500.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 247

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
sorry for my english but i need help, i have a dstti like that, and when i boot my 3ds appears this https://gyazo.com/622214cd7d5004ef1e48b4718fda3ff4
and when i tried to boot with this icon and with dstt launcher
Doesn't work, what should i do??

That's a DSTTi which was a newer revision meant to be compatible with the DSi. There's a chance it could run through my TWL Slot-1 Launcher. Have you tried that first? It may have compatible arm7 code/ram entry settings. So if it does that's all you'll need to boot it. My DSTT launcher only works on older DSTT and some of it's clones (with R4i Gold Launcher for use with more clones that didn't work with the main launcher)

Otherwise, I'll need the firmware files you are using with it so I can see if I can convert the soft reset SRL to a launcher. That's if it has one.

Also you need to be more specific and say more then just "doesn't work". You need to say if it white screens, freezes at the loading message or fails to boot at all and just shows "error has occured" message. Without more details I can't tell why it failed for you. (Beyond the obvious fact that a DSTT launcher will not boot a DSTTi)

do any of the cia's work with R4 SDHC Gold Pro 2016 edition?

http://goo.gl/MG368N

According to the website it is already compatible with current 3DS firmware. It does not need a launcher.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

chulosg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a DSTTi which was a newer revision meant to be compatible with the DSi. There's a chance it could run through my TWL Slot-1 Launcher. Have you tried that first? It may have compatible arm7 code/ram entry settings. So if it does that's all you'll need to boot it. My DSTT launcher only works on older DSTT and some of it's clones (with R4i Gold Launcher for use with more clones that didn't work with the main launcher)

Otherwise, I'll need the firmware files you are using with it so I can see if I can convert the soft reset SRL to a launcher. That's if it has one.

Also you need to be more specific and say more then just "doesn't work". You need to say if it white screens, freezes at the loading message or fails to boot at all and just shows "error has occured" message. Without more details I can't tell why it failed for you. (Beyond the obvious fact that a DSTT launcher will not boot a DSTTi)

According to the website it is already compatible with current 3DS firmware. It does not need a launcher.

you mean this? https://mega.nz/#!ukRBBQaa!V09jYlmKo8I0wEKKvCR8zgPJpBcBTUtqY-4e8mia2_U

fails to boot at all and just shows "error has occured" message that happens
i boot with twl slot-1 and same

Edit: i found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=567&v=VdFCiyHClHs

Last edited by chulosg,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
you mean this? https://mega.nz/#!ukRBBQaa!V09jYlmKo8I0wEKKvCR8zgPJpBcBTUtqY-4e8mia2_U

fails to boot at all and just shows "error has occured" message that happens
i boot with twl slot-1 and same

Edit: i found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=567&v=VdFCiyHClHs

No. that's just a reupload of the DSTT firmware files I included with the launcher. I would need the specific firmware files that are official to your DSTTi. If the DSTTi uses the same firmware files as the DSTT, there is nothing more I can do for it.

Also if you're getting the "Error has occured" screen when using any of my launchers, that means that you aren't using a new enough build of rxTools or don't have prepatched TWL_FIRM installed. Patches to TWL_FIRM are required before you can launch modified DSiWare SRLs like my launchers.

If using emunand, my launchers need to be installed to both sysnand and emunand. I have repeatedly stated this and will provide no further help on this issue as I don't have the time to explain it in detail over and over. Remember that prepatched TWL_FIRM only needs to be present on emunand if installing to emunand. Also note that if using pre patched TWL_FIRM cia, do not use outdated builds of rxTools as they will override TWL_FIRM with outdated patches.

n3DS consoles do not yet have a CFW that patches TWL_FIRM, so you'll need to install prepatched TWL_FIRM from a CIA if you are using an n3DS. If you have Arm9LoaderHax installed, you can install modified TWL_FIRM direct to sysnand and launch them from there instead of emunand.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

chulosg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. that's just a reupload of the DSTT firmware files I included with the launcher. I would need the specific firmware files that are official to your DSTTi. If the DSTTi uses the same firmware files as the DSTT, there is nothing more I can do for it.

Also if you're getting the "Error has occured" screen when using any of my launchers, that means that you aren't using a new enough build of rxTools or don't have prepatched TWL_FIRM installed. Patches to TWL_FIRM are required before you can launch modified DSiWare SRLs like my launchers.

If using emunand, my launchers need to be installed to both sysnand and emunand. I have repeatedly stated this and will provide no further help on this issue as I don't have the time to explain it in detail over and over. Remember that prepatched TWL_FIRM only needs to be present on emunand if installing to emunand. Also note that if using pre patched TWL_FIRM cia, do not use outdated builds of rxTools as they will override TWL_FIRM with outdated patches.

n3DS consoles do not yet have a CFW that patches TWL_FIRM, so you'll need to install prepatched TWL_FIRM from a CIA if you are using an n3DS. If you have Arm9LoaderHax installed, you can install modified TWL_FIRM direct to sysnand and launch them from there instead of emunand.
dont worry, finally works!! i used that video to upload his firnware and finally works!!!

steffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I have the same R4 than in the first video, on O3DS rxtools, installed the first thing with FBI >NAND but always get "An error has occured". What do ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2