Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

linux86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i SDHC done by request. I had to adjust arm7 entry settings. It might not work:
R4iSDHC_Launcher_TestBuilds.rar

I have one of these R4-SDHC cards that boots and works on a test DS Lite with this firmware (previously linked).

I tried both the DSi mode and non-DSi mode CIAs, and the former crashes to a white screen but the latter shows the firmware loading logo before it hangs.

Looks like it's close but not working. Thank you for your work so far!

EDIT2: Using an o3DS with AuReiNand emuNAND on 10.6, patched TWL_FIRM (only on emuNAND -- where I'm booting these from), and made sure the launcher CIA is installed to both nands, including my 9.2 sysNAND.

EDIT3: Figured out how to quote

Last edited by linux86,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
There is no source code. These are modified versions of the original launchers/roms used to boot these flashcarts. I'm the wrong person to ask about that. If you want source code, ask the people who originally made the r4 kernel files. Good luck hunting them down/getting them to agree. :P

Anyways. One final attempt at R4i SDHC:

R4iLoader_NTR.rar

Found a seperate SRL in the R4i menu folder. Maybe that one will behave differently.

linux86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no source code. These are modified versions of the original launchers/roms used to boot these flashcarts. I'm the wrong person to ask about that. If you want source code, ask the people who originally made the r4 kernel files. Good luck hunting them down/getting them to agree. :P

Anyways. One final attempt at R4i SDHC:

R4iLoader_NTR.rar

Found a seperate SRL in the R4i menu folder. Maybe that one will behave differently.
No luck, just hangs at a white screen.

ZeCroque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same for me, double white screen.. N3DS 9.0Sys/10.6Emu, ReiNand 3.2, TWL Firm patched with Aurora's Wright cias, the loader both on sys and emunand, 1.83b english on the R4 :)

(PS : going to test older versions)

Edit : No more older versions to test ^^

Last edited by ZeCroque,

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I kept getting black screen errors, but I relized that the app needed to be installed on emunand and sysnand. RIP me xD
Anyways, thanks. I have a DsTwo but the battery drain is too strong. Thanks for making my original R4 work. :D

Reactions: Apache Thunder

zacnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI the hotswap rule with the 3DS only applies to the cart that's inserted into the slot. That won't apply to the slot that the action replay itself uses for games because it's only a contact switch in the 3DS that detects card removal and disables the slot. If you pull a game card from the Action Replay, it should not impact the slot on the 3DS so long as you did not remove the action replay from the 3DS. ;)
Would the Action Replay DSi work for this? I have the version with the micro SD slot. It's not listed as 3ds compatible like the other dsi model.
129752767594431261068814539.jpg

Last edited by atkfromabove,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUbaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJz