Hacking R4 + Slot-2 Question

xbman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an original DS with the most current flashme (I had a supercard previously thus the reason I flashed it). What I noticed is the following:

1) R4 in Slot-1 and SC in Slot-2 -> automatically boots Slot-2 (SC)
2) R4 in Slot-1 and nothing in Slot-2 -> Boots R4 - If I then insert Slot-2 (SC) it boots to Slot-2 (SC)

I changed the settings to manual (had it on auto) but it behaves the same way.

Question: Does the flashme force Slot-2 booting over Slot-1? If not, anyone know why Slot-2 always boots and/or why the menu does not come up with the R4 inserted even though it is set to manaul?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Just think about this, when you had JUST the SC, did you keep an original game in the slot-1? It behaved the same way right? So this points to the answer to your first question....

xbman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just think about this, when you had JUST the SC, did you keep an original game in the slot-1? It behaved the same way right? So this points to the answer to your first question....

To be honest, no, i never kept anything in Slot-1 but just tested it with an original DS cart and same thing, so I guess it's safe to assume the flasme forces Slot-2 booting over Slot-1. The funny thing is that the original game does go to the menu when on Manual (nothing in Slot-2) but the R4 forces boot of Slot-1 even on manual.

unkadean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have a similar situation, but I have an EZ4 in slot 2 instead of a SC. I found out that if you press the select button while turing on the DS that it will boot to the R4 instead. I do not have a SC to test it on. Just thought you might like to know.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright