R4 + Slot-2 Question

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by xbman, Apr 12, 2007.

1. xbman
    OP

xbman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2006
    I have an original DS with the most current flashme (I had a supercard previously thus the reason I flashed it). What I noticed is the following:

1) R4 in Slot-1 and SC in Slot-2 -> automatically boots Slot-2 (SC)
    2) R4 in Slot-1 and nothing in Slot-2 -> Boots R4 - If I then insert Slot-2 (SC) it boots to Slot-2 (SC)

I changed the settings to manual (had it on auto) but it behaves the same way.

Question: Does the flashme force Slot-2 booting over Slot-1? If not, anyone know why Slot-2 always boots and/or why the menu does not come up with the R4 inserted even though it is set to manaul?

2. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    Just think about this, when you had JUST the SC, did you keep an original game in the slot-1? It behaved the same way right? So this points to the answer to your first question....

3. xbman
    OP

xbman GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2006
    To be honest, no, i never kept anything in Slot-1 but just tested it with an original DS cart and same thing, so I guess it's safe to assume the flasme forces Slot-2 booting over Slot-1. The funny thing is that the original game does go to the menu when on Manual (nothing in Slot-2) but the R4 forces boot of Slot-1 even on manual.

4. unkadean

unkadean Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2006
    United States
    I too have a similar situation, but I have an EZ4 in slot 2 instead of a SC. I found out that if you press the select button while turing on the DS that it will boot to the R4 instead. I do not have a SC to test it on. Just thought you might like to know. [​IMG]

5. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Select disables the autoboot of slot 2. Then the R4 will autoboot. That's the only solution to it until you use noflashme

6. dunderhead

dunderhead Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    ^^^ Actually if you add the dshooterdont flash patch to flashme, it will auto-boot to slot-1!

7. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Okay...