Hacking R4 SDHC + YSMenu

MiracleHats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've done some searching around but haven't been able to figure this out. A stickied guide says that the R4 SDHC doesn't run YSMenu, is this true? I have one and want to be able to use YSMenu without to worry about using any additional loaders as I plan on getting a EZFlash 3-In-1. So far I've seen something about having to use DSision2.

Also, is it true that there are firmwares out there that were made using YSMenu? Would one of these be workable?

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which R4 SDHC you have? The one from www.r4i-sdhc.com? If so, then use this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195821

I haven't managed to get YSMenu to work on my card (I possibly did something wrong) but the DSTT unofficial firmware works and it has good compatibility so far.

Finally, the obligatory: get another cart.
It's really not worth the hassle when you can get an Acekard2i for around 13$. After that you don't have to worry about YSMenu, firwmares from other carts, patches and so on since Acekard is updated so fast.

MiracleHats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfg said:
Which R4 SDHC you have? The one from www.r4i-sdhc.com?

No, that's not it. I picked it up awhile ago and don't remember what site. It was pre-DSi though. Maybe I should been more specific. My R4, as it is now, with the firmware I have loaded on it. I'm perfectly okay with patching games and all the stuff required. My reason for wanting to switch to YSMenu is because I don't want to have to bother with a separate GBA loader.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then see if you have a website written on the cart or the box and search this forum and see if YSMenu can be installed on your version.

MiracleHats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to find paper work from when I bought it: Thedsdeals.net, apparently not up anymore and there's almost no mention of it on the forums. Greatttt. Any help?

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... not the site where you bought it from, but the official site. It's usually on the card or the box or even written somewhere in the firmware's skin.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
You probably have this one~ http://r4sdhc.com/

It's not too bad,but I could get YS Menu to work with this either. Recently they have started updating it again, currently 1.28 is the newest, but I have no idea what's new, if anything at all. File compare shows no difference between 1.27 & 1.28.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)