Hacking r4 sdhc+ysmenu? possible?

• Thread starter Deleted-119707
  • Start date
  • Views 10,153
  • Replies 19
D

Deleted-119707

OP
yea so i recently won an r4 sdhc from the photo snapping comp and it came today. i tried to use r4ysauto and doesnt work. it says im missing files.
i believe this r4 is by the m3 team?

so any way to get ysmenu working?
thanks
nicky.

oh, i WONT be buying a new flashcart, i KNOW the r4 is A CLONE, i KNOW there are BETTER carts out. i DONT want any flaming... please...

D

Deleted-119707

OP
i tried using ttysauto,ak2ysauto,r4ysauto and i get it running BUT it says unsupported dldi file... i downloaded the dldi file for the r4rts website and what do i do with it?

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This worked for me.. so yeah XD (I had the unrecognised dldi driver error before)Get a FRESH NEW YSMenu.NDS file (from Yasu's webpage) but DON'T DLDI Patch it... Instead, download this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=815 and then run the setup file.. When you get to the Installation Options part of the install, check the DLDI Enable/Disable Option... and then install where ever and then pick a random DLDI Driver (not gonna be needin it)... k now right click on your YSMENU.NDS file and then on the drop down menu, click Lock/Unlock DLDI.. and then press Enter a few times..... That should fix it..

NOTE: If you're doing this, you got to MANUALLY install YSMENU (Get DSTT firmware, put the TTMENU folder on the root of your MicroSD, make a copy of YSMENU.NDS and rename it TTMENU.DAT and put on root, put YSMENU.NDS and YSMENU.ini into a folder called YSMENU on the root of you're card, get the ORIGINAL TTMENU.DAT and use TTEXTRACT.exe from the YSMENU pack and it should create 2 files, TTDLDI.dat and TTPATCH.dat, put TTDLDI.dat and TTPATCH.dat in your YSMENU folder...)
tongue.gif
Long and confusing...

InsanityToTheMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sscho97 said:
This worked for me.. so yeah XD (I had the unrecognised dldi driver error before)Get a FRESH NEW YSMenu.NDS file (from Yasu's webpage) but DON'T DLDI Patch it... Instead, download this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=815 and then run the setup file.. When you get to the Installation Options part of the install, check the DLDI Enable/Disable Option... and then install where ever and then pick a random DLDI Driver (not gonna be needin it)... k now right click on your YSMENU.NDS file and then on the drop down menu, click Lock/Unlock DLDI.. and then press Enter a few times..... That should fix it..

NOTE: If you're doing this, you got to MANUALLY install YSMENU (Get DSTT firmware, put the TTMENU folder on the root of your MicroSD, make a copy of YSMENU.NDS and rename it TTMENU.DAT and put on root, put YSMENU.NDS and YSMENU.ini into a folder called YSMENU on the root of you're card, get the ORIGINAL TTMENU.DAT and use TTEXTRACT.exe from the YSMENU pack and it should create 2 files, TTDLDI.dat and TTPATCH.dat, put TTDLDI.dat and TTPATCH.dat in your YSMENU folder...)
tongue.gif
Long and confusing...

When you say "Get DSTT firmware", you should instead get the unofficial but totally kick ass 1.17A02 firmware cuz it has lots up updates/fixes and it's out for clones too..
tongue.gif

Here's the link.. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6507
Yeah.. xD

D

Deleted-119707

OP
omg thanks for the replies. i wasnt expecting replies to this haha.
anyway, im sorry for the bumps XD. i just thought it was worth a bump.

ill try it when i have time.

doesnt work. i get 2 blank screens.

i then added ysmenu.nds on the root and it ran. still dldi error.

D

Deleted-119707

OP
yea i dont like their kernal. every game i run it prodices more files instead of just the .sav the cheat system is terrible.(it doesnt show all the cheats i have it goes to random characters).

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nicky041192 said:
omg thanks for the replies. i wasnt expecting replies to this haha.
anyway, im sorry for the bumps XD. i just thought it was worth a bump.

ill try it when i have time.

doesnt work. i get 2 blank screens.

i then added ysmenu.nds on the root and it ran. still dldi error.

Root?? xD
are you sure you got a fresh new TTMENU dldi-ed YSmenu?/
tongue.gif
if it still dosent work, try dldi-ing it with the original r4's dldi or m3's dldi... and then lock it..
tongue.gif

D

Deleted-119707

OP
can you show me whats on your micro sd?

i dont think you read the title of this thread...

look at this: http://r4rts.cn/download-en.htm
download the kernal. and look at it. on that site theres their own dldi file. i tried using that and still doesnt work. using the original r4/m3s dldi wouldnt work.

InsanityToTheMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only way then is if someone magically contacts the creator or YSMenu (Yasu
tongue.gif
) and ask him to support the new R4i RTS cards.. >.<
Are you guys sure you're doing the Lock method? After you lock it, just wait a few minutes.... cuz even though it says finished.... its not actually finished
tongue.gif
(sometimes)
Then put it in.... make sure !NOT TO UNLOCK IT!
Locking it should work >.<
So yeah.. until YASU creates a new ysmenu with compatability with ysmenu or someone cracks ysmenu with a magical way of working specifically on r4i rts cards, i don't think you can run it D:

EDIT: K.. i found this old post... it seems that they are having the same problems as us... and they found the solution so yeah.. heres the link (its the same thing but explained in more detail ;P)
link: http://www.gbatemp.net/lofiversion/index.php/t155479.html

InsanityToTheMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nicky041192 said:

download the kernal. and look at it. on that site theres their own dldi file. i tried using that and still doesnt work. using the original r4/m3s dldi wouldnt work.

K the reason that you need to do everything sscho97 said above ( long ass tutorial
tongue.gif
) is cuz YSMenu was meant for the DSTT and DSTT ONLY! Also.. since the R4i RTS is a pretty new card, yasu hasn't writen support for their DLDI file (yet?) and so it can't find the ysmenu.ini file or the ttmenu loaders and it dosen't know what to do.. = UNSUPPORTED DLDI ERROR
The lock trick is used so when you lock the ysmenu.nds file with the ttmenu dldi patched on it, the R4i RTS can't auto-dldi patch it cuz it "locks" it making it unable to dldi patch anymore... but apparently for some odd reason it dosen't work >.<

nicky041192.. are you talking to me?? XD cuz i have no idea
tongue.gif
someone really has to contact yasu >.

D

Deleted-119707

OP
i dont know how to contact yasu XD
and no i wasnt talking to you about your sd. i was talking to sscho97 who apparently got it working.

offTopic: how would i update the tt kernal in ysmenu? replace the files or do r4ysauto with the latest tt kernal? its an original r4.

InsanityToTheMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nicky041192 said:
i dont know how to contact yasu XD
and no i wasnt talking to you about your sd. i was talking to sscho97 who apparently got it working.

offTopic: how would i update the tt kernal in ysmenu? replace the files or do r4ysauto with the latest tt kernal? its an original r4.
To update the TT kernal in YSMenu, just replace the TTMENU folder
tongue.gif

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nicky041192 said:

Uhh... Da contents of my micro sd is as follows:

-R4iMenu (folder) (My R4 clone firmware, I can't auto boot YSMenu so..
tongue.gif
)
--The firmware files.. not important
tongue.gif

-TTMENU (folder) (YSMenu uses this)
--skin (folder) (not important)
--infolib.dat
--language.ini
--reset.mse
--savlib.dat
--system.ank
--system.fon
--system.l2u
--TTreset.dat
--ttsystem.ini
--usrcheat.dat (CHEAT FILE WOOT WOOT)

-YSMenu (folder)
--TTDLDI.dat = something to do with dldi
--TTPATCH.dat = dunno
tongue.gif

--YSmenu.ini = setting thingy
--YSMenu.nds = nds file
--YSMenu1.bmp = skin picture 1
--YSMenu2.bmp = skin picture 2

-Beup (folder for beup live .5)
-DATA (folder for Bunjalloo .7.6)
-DSOrganize (folder for DSOrganize 3.1)
-Emulation (folder for emulation nds files and their games)
-Games (folder for games.. duhh)
-Homebrew (folder for homebrew stuff discluding emulation files)
-moonshl (folder for moonshell 1.71.. don't ask why im using the old one
tongue.gif
)
-SNES (folder outside of Emulation folder because SNEmulDS is being picky and snes folder has to be on root)
-DSKIOSK.NDS (super ds homebrew loader... unfortuantely it refuses to boot ysmenu)
-Mooooooooooooonshell 1.71.nds (moonshell
-R4.dat (R4 clone firmware file)
-SNEMUL.CFG (SNEmulDS's config file... magically it works even though the SNEmulDS.nds file is in emulation directory
tongue.gif
)
-SWRESET.SYS (DSTT soft reset file thingy??)
-TTMENU.DAT (renamed ysmenu for soft reset)
-TTMENU.SYS (DSTT system stuff)
-YSMENU.ARP (somethin about YSMENU)

!!!!!!!!!!!! lol... uhh. thats what's in my card (according to dsorganize cuz i don't have my micro sd adapter right now
frown.gif

(my card's messy
tongue.gif
)

D

Deleted-119707

OP
your not using the r4 i have then, mine has a _system_ folder and not r4imenu.

-_system_
--_sys_data
--blah blah blah.

you sure you looked at www.r4rts.cn? and not just posted without looking?

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nicky041192 said:
your not using the r4 i have then, mine has a _system_ folder and not r4imenu.

-_system_
--_sys_data
--blah blah blah.

you sure you looked at www.r4rts.cn? and not just posted without looking?

I looked.. and already assumed/know(knew.. screw grammar >.

kedirakevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello, does anyone knows where this file has gone to? Im currently using R4 Upgrade. . . coz im still getting that unknown dldi with R4sayuto and unsupported dldi with TTsauto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson