R4 SDHC Dual Core..... HELP!!!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by vampiresd, Jan 16, 2014.

1. vampiresd
    OP

vampiresd Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    I just bought and received this new card I bought from here:

http://www.r4igold3ds.com/products/2014-R4iSDHC-Dual-Core-Card-For-Nintendo-3DS-DSi-DS.html

- I downloaded the most recent kernel R4i-V3.1b English
    - Created a new folder GAMES
    - Inserted the card to NDSi Lite Pink

PROBLEMS....

1 - Go to Config/Upgrade and there is no button to update

QUESTIONS...
    - What could you say about this particular card on any device and functionality?
    - What are the pros and cons about this card?

Thanks.

2. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    It looks like most of the 2014 cards from www.r4isdhc.com run the same kernel as the R4i RTS cards from www.r4i-sdhc.com

There is no card update under config>upgrade because there is no need for one at the present. Understand there are software and hardware updates for these cards. The card is currently compatible with the latest DSi/3DS firmwares updates. When/if the cards gets blocked by a future firmware update you will download an updated kernel from the site and an update will be available under config>upgrade to update the card hardware.

PS: I see you are using a DS Lite which don't have firmware updates so updating the card hardware is pointless for you. As long as the games work... if you have some issues with some games you could try RGF's YSMenu software kernel for the R4i RTS cards which might work with this card too.