Hacking R4 SDHC 2018 YSMenu problem

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I got my R4i SDHC Gold pro from nds-card a week ago I've read the official R4 kernel has a "timebomb" in it so i went with Retrogamefan's YSmenu kernel now most games work good on YS but 5th gen (B/W (2) ) doesn't seem to it would go to the intro screen and be slow and after you select your gender it'll freeze is there any work around short of using an emulator then save after the game starts? thanks in advance)

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I got my R4i SDHC Gold pro from nds-card a week ago I've read the official R4 kernel has a "timebomb" in it so i went with Retrogamefan's YSmenu kernel now most games work good on YS but 5th gen (B/W (2) ) doesn't seem to it would go to the intro screen and be slow and after you select your gender it'll freeze is there any work around short of using an emulator then save after the game starts? thanks in advance)
YSmenu in general has issues with games with DSi enhanced features, though I'm sure they will be ironed out better in the future. I have no other recommendations other than to buy a flashcart that doesn't have a time bomb and uses a kernel with better compatibility. The R4i Gold 3DS Plus is a good flashcart to get these days. It runs Wood R4, games like Pokémon Black 2/White 2 work perfectly on it.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it runs fine on my inspiron 3650 (2016) so no issues there
Keep in mind that there are tons of DeSmuMe builds out there, not everyone knows where to look for the proper ones or ones that work well with their hardware in general. He may be able to get away with using the commit builds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1