Status
Not open for further replies.

majinvegeta123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do they still make the original r4's? or just clones? if they do still make them where can i buy them? if they don't can someone recommend a good ds flash cart? one that runs well and great cheat support like the r4 has thanks

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't get an R4,i recommend get an Acekard2.1/i.They do make 1:1 clone R4's though,but still I recommend Acekard or something else.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All the R4 clones you see on sale are clones, most aren't even of the R4.

You're best bet is the R4 from ShopTemp which can run Wood R4

If want something which can use MicroSDHC cards or be used on a DSi/DSI XL, then the Acekard 2i is your best bet.

Both have full cheat support, and use the same cheat database which is updated 1-2 times per week. However the Acekard can update it's cheat database over WiFi, directly from the GBAtemp site.

Because there are still bound to be a few bad-batch Acekard 2.1's floating around, it's still probably better to get the Acekard 2i. The Acekard 2i will work on the DS Lite and DS Phat, as well as the DSi/ DSI XL if you later upgrade.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can a Acekard 2.1 from 0ShippingZone.

But I really would go for an Acekard 2i instead, the price difference between the 2 is very little and the Acekard 2i can do everything the Acekard 2.1 does.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:

The one linked here is identical to the original R4 and there's no reason to believe it's a clone. It's probably authentic. That's your best choice, majin. Though, you can get it cheaper at Priceangels, $3.30, free shipping. Can't get a much better deal than that.

If you people don't have any proof that those R4s are clones, don't call them clones. If someone asks for an original R4, point him towards one. Don't start the usual "don't buy R4, get AK2i" rant.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miser said:
tk_saturn said:

The one linked here is identical to the original R4 and there's no reason to believe it's a clone. It's probably authentic. That's your best choice, majin. Though, you can get it cheaper at Priceangels, $3.30, free shipping. Can't get a much better deal than that.

If you people don't have any proof that those R4s are clones, don't call them clones. If someone asks for an original R4, point him towards one. Don't start the usual "don't buy R4, get AK2i" rant.

In the interest of being correct, and of mooting your point, tk_saturn is correct in classifying the currently distrubted ShopTemp R4s as clones as it is common knowledge on this site that the original R4 team disbanded and stopped manufacturing the original. It is not wrong to tell people that the referenced product is a clone even though it is to the exact specifications (or close enough to them) as one that is authentic. You may think there is no proof that these are clones but they are, call them a re-distribution if you must.
I am sorry if arguing about the nuance of English irritates anyone, but there is a difference between the meaning of original and genuine. If you don't see it right away, compare the image in your head between these two phrases: "Original Windows" - "Genuine Windows". I'll avoid further playing with this analogy, but you cannot have an original clone, but you can have a genuine clone.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
No she means the cart itself. It's not the original R4 from the original R4 team, it's a clone. We've had this discussion before have we not?
I haven't. Do you at least have some comparison pictures or something?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've been arguing this and don't own a (recent) R4DS? I bought two a month or so ago; one for my boyfriend and one for another friend. They are black and do not have teeth on the contact surface. My boyfriend and friend are not here, so I cannot take pictures of the cartridges I gave them to prove to you that they are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.