OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.eezarthegreat.com
XP
Country
Bought an r4 from Hong kong and received it the other day,

when i copy over the files it needs and go to play my back up's, i turn on the ds and a message comes up saying there is no ds card inserted
frown.gif

Tried formatting the microSD to FAT32, blowing to remove dust, upgrading the r4 with 1.5 and still no joy.

Any suggestions?? Greatly appreciated

eezarthegreat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.eezarthegreat.com
XP
Country
yep. there might not be enough contact with the pins. same thing happens to me sometimes, but easily fixed by removing and reinserting the r4 back in the slot. the paper tip might come in handy.

I tried pulling it out and popping it back in several times but no joy, will try the paper act

Thanks guys
smile.gif

EliTeSnipeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, i think i had the same problem.. u have to format ur SD to FAT format.. not FAT32.. that worked for me.. and it always detects now..

try it out
smile.gif

Buhryein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep. there might not be enough contact with the pins. same thing happens to me sometimes, but easily fixed by removing and reinserting the r4 back in the slot. the paper tip might come in handy.

I tried pulling it out and popping it back in several times but no joy, will try the paper act

Thanks guys
smile.gif

Did you have any luck?

Recently I got myself an r4 for my ds lite so at work i told some people about it and they asked me to get one and set them up one for a guy at work one for someones son

The one guy has the old DS and the other which is someones son has a DS that he just got this Xmas a onyx one. The old DS worked fine and the kids Onyx one says no cart inserted. I dont know what to tell him to try I gave him my card to see if there was na issue but same thing and his cart works in mine and the old ds fine but none work in the onyx one.

If yours worked with a piece of paper i would deff tell him to try that lemme me know if you have any luck and I will do the same.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The 2nd batch has contact issues. Compare it's cart to a normal NDS cart and you'll see the different where the contacts are.

It happens to me on a daily bases when I leave the cart in my DS for too long. Just blow on the cartidge's contacts and the NDS' slot-1 contacts before you put the R4 in. Should work after that.

rockwell_chong

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My friends and I have almost the same problem too. We bought our R4 from Shang Hai on a business trip 2 weeks ago. Other than the chinese words appear when starting our DSL, it look not different from any other "english" version of R4. But, when we uploaded the latest games (example: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass", "Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008" or "Cooking Mama 2", the screem appear and error message saying "Data could not be read. Turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card." It worked fine with early last year or older games.
We had tried to upgrade the R4 version from (v1.08 in chinese) to 1.15 but it get worths. It wouldn't read the MicroSD card at all. It saying "Hareware not compartable with software" in chinese.
cry.gif

Any idea what went wrong? I will love to have some advice from you guys. I am trying to get this game up and running to make my son happy. Thanks! :'(

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
@rockwell_chong: You will need to use the Chinese firmware for your R4. You are using the wrong language version and that is why you get that error.

@eezarthegreat: Is the error coming up on the main screen where you can select to use download play or is it coming up right after the flash card loads up where it is a black background with white text?

Keitaro Urashima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My friends and I have almost the same problem too. We bought our R4 from Shang Hai on a business trip 2 weeks ago. Other than the chinese words appear when starting our DSL, it look not different from any other "english" version of R4. But, when we uploaded the latest games (example: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass", "Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008" or "Cooking Mama 2", the screem appear and error message saying "Data could not be read. Turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card." It worked fine with early last year or older games.
We had tried to upgrade the R4 version from (v1.08 in chinese) to 1.15 but it get worths. It wouldn't read the MicroSD card at all. It saying "Hareware not compartable with software" in chinese.
cry.gif
Â
Any idea what went wrong? I will love to have some advice from you guys. I am trying to get this game up and running to make my son happy. Thanks! :'(
If your R4 DS is English. You should get English firmware, if Chinese get Traditional Chinese Firmware. I format it to FAT instead FAT32. Put the firmware inside microSD using TransFlash Adapter or any adapter.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
But, when we uploaded the latest games (example: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass", "Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008" or "Cooking Mama 2", the screem appear and error message saying "Data could not be read. Turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card."

Its because you need the arm7fix, ill upload it for you, just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

http://rapidshare.com/files/85454410/arm7_injector.rar.html

Hope that helps!

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
But, when we uploaded the latest games (example: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass", "Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008" or "Cooking Mama 2",  the screem appear and error message saying "Data could not be read. Turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card."

Its because you need the arm7fix, ill upload it for you, just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

http://rapidshare.com/files/85454410/arm7_injector.rar.html

Hope that helps!
No, he needs to put on the latest kernel 1.15 in chinese, not english. Then the games will work. What firmware version are you using, neschn?

rockwell_chong

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for the info.

I am sure our R4s are in Chinese (because we bought them in China and the when it started in DS the text and date are in chinese). It should be Simplifed Chinese, no Tradition Chinese. (only Taiwan and Malaysia uses Tadition Chinese)

When our DS lite is ON, they appear fine with the 3 icons. Touch the game icon and it also allow us to see all the games we have install. Basically those last year and older games can play fine without any problem. When we start to run the latest games, it will show processing (in chinese text) on the main screen (like the english R4) and next second both screen will turn black (like turn OFF) and the main screen will appear the error message in RED english text saying "Data could not be read. Turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card."

Yes, we upgraded (copied) the english 1.15 firmware into our microSD. We don't seem to be able to find the chinese 1.15 from the website. Any idea which website to look for? Seem to me that upgrade 1.15 chinese is a better way to try for me next step. Mean while, I will also try to donwload the arm7fix from the given link again. I couldn't download it because it say "You have reached the download-limit for free-users. Want to download more?" and "(Or wait 39 minutes) I will wait another 39 minutes then.

Thanks again guys for your kind helps
smile.gif
. Waiting for the link to download the chinese firmware 1.15 from anyone of you
shy.gif

Mieki

Trophies
XP
Country
Chinese firmware is readily available here. Just click on the download tab on the top navigation bar.

What I'm actually looking for is a 1.15 Kernel converter for Chinese (Chinese to English) Since I also own a Chinese R4. The current converter that GBATemp has only up to 1.11.

rockwell_chong

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes friends! I downloaded the SChinese from the link given from you guys and it work! THANKS! My son will like to thanks you guys for the help too for enable him to play "The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass". I told him how helpful you guys were.

Thanks! Thanks A million time!!!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @MysticStarlight, Luckily, he survived.
    +1
  • Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak:
    Is there any wii smartass here?\
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Zynthrodak, Don't ask to ask.
    Ok ima just paste my message to someone else:
    When i launch a game my wiimote unsyncs and doesnt want to connect again.People told me to ask you for help, i tried both Motion Plus inside and without motion plus but it doesnt work. Any ideas?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Zynthrodak, Do you know if the batteries are dying? If the controller doesn't sync with the console, press the Sync button on both the controller and the console.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Everything should work. If not, replace the batteries, and don't use cheaper alkalines.
  • S @ sypt:
    hi! so one time i forgot to load usb loader gx into sd card mode and then everytime i launch it, and even when i launch into sd card mode, it doesnt show anything on my sd card and just shows whats on my hard drive
    Press A when you are launching on the 20 second countdown
    @SylverReZ Yeah i tried that and the batteries arent dying theyre brand new
  • S @ sypt:
    @Zynthrodak i did, it still just brings up all the channels
    OOHHH do you see the favourites icon on the top?
    There should be a little console icon i think?
    Press that and then select wii games
  • S @ sypt:
    thank you so much
  • S @ sypt:
    youre a life saver <3
  • S @ sypt:
    hey so if anyones here, when i try to launch kirby return to dream land and i select a file, it just goes to a black screen
  • S @ sypt:
    anyone know why?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anyone here?
  • donutgamer917 @ donutgamer917:
    yo im new here
    +2
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @donutgamer917, Welcome! +1