R4 prob...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by SeraphimDragon, Apr 1, 2009.

Apr 1, 2009

R4 prob... by SeraphimDragon at 4:05 AM (856 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SeraphimDragon
    OP

Newcomer SeraphimDragon Newbie

United States
    I currently own the R4 SDHC (the one that's from r4new.com)

I'll start from the beginning -

My firmware is currently v1.22 (I think, I realize now that it's not the latest), and I've had some errors on my R4.

I began with installing Pokemon Platinum into my SD card. I put it on my R4, played it, no problem right? A couple days later, I wanted to put in some more games to play, specifically FF:CC Echoes of Time, Valkyrie Profile, FF:CC Rings of Fate. So I did that. I put those games in, but I didn't start playing them. When I played Pokemon Platinum, it made a .sav file of it in the ROMs folder. I moved it around in the folder to change the order, but I did not touch it.

So I put the R4 into my DS, and go to Games on the R4 menu. I see that the "Pokemon Platinum.sav" file was there, which I thought was really weird. So I opened up Pokemon Platinum because I was paranoid, and then it said the save file was corrupted or damaged. I wasn't very far, but that's not the point. When I turned it off and turned it on, the .sav file of my Pokemon Platinum, and so was Rings of Fate.

I ditch the DS for a day or two, doing my own stuff. It was stuck on the loading screen (yes, I checked the sticky but it was not relevant to my problem) Then I decided to put some more games in, since Rings of Fate was gone and I would try a different ROM. I put the SD card in and here's what pops up...

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/Ser...gon/R4DSbug.jpg

Weird symbols, I clicked on a file so you could all see the date. August 2nd, 2089. Definitely impossible. The 3rd file has nothing. The 4th and 5th file are modified August 8th, 2074 at 4 AM exactly.

Has anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

EDIT: I'll also mention that those files can not be copied, moved, or deleted.

2. jwcgator

Member jwcgator GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your SD card is completely corrupted [​IMG]. You'll have to format it, right click the drive in my computer and select "format".

3. SeraphimDragon
    OP

Newcomer SeraphimDragon Newbie

United States
    Actually nvm.

Anyway - now I'm stuck on the loading screen. Before, I didn't have the YSMenu thing, but now I do. I put in my ROMs and all that stuffs, and the latest version for this one is 1.24. So I downloaded version 1.24, put in YSMenu and all that stuff, but I'm stuck at the loading screen. I even took out YSMenu - still stuck at the loading screen. I've put the microSD card in and out of the R4 to my laptop trying to fix it but I just can't. -.-;;

My data hasn't been corrupted with all that switching at least. o.O