Hacking R4 Now 50USD at RHS

tshum86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
arsehat said:
thorn0124 said:
I bought R4 at www.itechextreme.com, this website offer free world shipping, and no tax, the website offer R4+2gb original kingston micro sd just 72.99, it's the cheapest price in the world.

You've got four posts here, all saying the same thing. That looks a little *too* enthusiastic for a normal happy customer. Interesting.

What else is interesting is the email address listed under the whois info for itechextreme.com - thorn0124@[major freemail provider - the one that sounds like a yell].ca

That all ties in nicely with the info for Sunny Parade Company at http://www.alibaba.com/member/rickyleung123/contactinfo.html too.

You wouldn't be forum-spamming now, would you Ricky?
laugh.gif

LoL, that dude got pwned

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
i still love how everyone bitches about the cost of a flash kit. i don't think paying $200 is much for a kit that lets me play thousands of games for free. my frist gba kit was $140 before shipping and i still consider it a good investment.

it is funny that people complain about the feature list of the r4. the r4 plays roms and it plays them well. real time saves?? i don't cheat so i don't get the point of saving when i want. and sdhc? i can pick up 3 2gb msd cards for the price of 1 4gb sdhc.

-aw

There are people who can't afford something as much as some others can, like myself. I had a small budget, and I got my stuff the cheapest possible to save money. Also, the reason why I got an SDHC card, is that I didn't want to carry more than just one card, just for all sorts of different things on different carts. I'm the type that easily loses things, so I just wanted one SD. Besides, 4 gigs are cheap on Newegg.

Also, I don't cheat either, but Real time save is a useful feature. There are lots of games that lack save points, and it's much more helpful to save where you are. You wouldn't be cheating at all. There are people who'd prefer to have something like this, rather than not having one.

Everyone has their own opinions.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been really outdated for R4.. are they raising in price because they're low on quantity or something? I've had my R4 for the longest times now and have no problem with it. Except.. recently it started freezing in some games for me. I'm not sure if that's the R4 problem.. or my MicroSD's problem. Anyone know?

But yeah, I think I'm going to buy a CycloDS since I need a second flashcart for my second DS.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ojsinnerz said:
There are people who can't afford something as much as some others can, like myself. I had a small budget, and I got my stuff the cheapest possible to save money. Also, the reason why I got an SDHC card, is that I didn't want to carry more than just one card, just for all sorts of different things on different carts. I'm the type that easily loses things, so I just wanted one SD. Besides, 4 gigs are cheap on Newegg.

Also, I don't cheat either, but Real time save is a useful feature. There are lots of games that lack save points, and it's much more helpful to save where you are. You wouldn't be cheating at all. There are people who'd prefer to have something like this, rather than not having one.

Everyone has their own opinions.

i really don't see it. unless you are way to young to get a job (which is probably half of the registered users on the forum) you have no excuse. any $8 an hour job will earn you enough to buy a few flash kits in 2-3 weeks working full time. so you get a job for a month then quit. if you're older and it is because rent is tight, bills are high, then i'm in the same boat. i saved up until i had enough to get what i wanted. what is a few extra months if you get a kit that you really want. as far as sdhc goes, i have problems filling my 2gb msd card with stuff i want to play. when i'm not playing any longer or taking a long break from it, it gets pulled off my card. if i had a 4gb it would just be filled with useless stuff including junk like encoded movies and mp3s. the novelty of those homebrew features wears off fast and in the end (at least for me) you just end up throwing ROMs on there to entertain you instead. when i travel for my job i have a nice hard shell case for my nds and i bring with me a few msd cards filled with different stuff. i never have the urge or need to have it all with me at any given time.

i still don't get the idea of real time saves. if a game is so hard that you need real time saves then you are in fact cheating, are you not? the games i remember most are the ones i pulled out of my NES and whipped down the hall while screaming at the top of my lungs. cheating just makes you lose your skills over time.

but alas you are correct, everyone has their own opinions... and i can respect that.

-aw

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That sucks. I can't order from there anyway since I live in Europe, so in most cases, the weaker the USD is, the better it is for me, because it means I can get stuff cheaper
laugh.gif

Though I can't get stuff cheaper if they up the prices everywhere.

Max Powers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
You know, back when I bought the R4, it WAS the best choice for a DS flashcart. I still enjoy my R4 very much for what I can do with it (playing my DS games for free instead of paying for them) and it has served me very well.

BUT

Nowadays, there are better choices for a DS flashcart than the R4. If my R4 died tomorrow, I would NOT buy another R4....at any price. I would buy one of the more evolved carts that are available now. The CycloDS seems, to me, to be the one to get, but I would still thoroughly investigate ALL the current lineup of carts before I would just blindly choose one for purchase. Especially considering all the choices we have now for our DS pirating needs.

There are two main features I consider very important for today's flashcarts, neither of which the R4 has; real-time-save and SDHC compatibility. I know there are other features of newer flashcarts that the R4 doesn't have that I'm not even considering, but those two features alone seem the most important to me. All the R4's popularity can't give it those features either. (You're either an idiot or a noob to the "scene" to not know why, but I'm not going to explain why here)

You see, popularity in a pirate cart is a funny thing. While it will certainly generate lots of sales for the creators, it's also is the FIRST target of attack when the "war on piracy" ramps up. The R4 has had a great run and has become the icon of DS piracy. So much so that Nintendo has even organized a task force to cripple its availability trying to eliminate it altogether.
Do you really want to buy into a flashcart this late in the game that has been around so long that it is now the target of those who it's screwing? Do you really want to buy a flashcart based solely on its popularity without considering the features it's lacking, which CAN be gotten in other flashcarts? Do you really want to buy into an antiquated cart and starve yourself of those features....even if you don't think you'll ever need them? Why would you intentionally do that to yourself?

Let's look at it another way......would you buy a single core CPU today just because it's popular and everyone had, or has, one now? Or would you buy one of the new quad-core super fast processors instead? I think the choice is pretty damn obvious. It's the same with the R4 as compared to newer flashcarts.

Many keep singing the praises of the R4, but its time has come and gone. Sure, the R4 team has shown great loyalty to their creation, but let's face it, the R4 has nothing further to offer in terms of features. If it did, don't you think the R4 team would have added them by now? At this point, some will say, "But it plays ALL the games and THAT'S what really matters." This is a true statement...to a certain extent. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of having to remove games I enjoy from my R4 to make room for a new one that comes out. SDHC capability would alleviate that. I'd really love to be able to save a game to play later when I want to, not just when the game says you can. Real-time-save can solve that. The R4 can do neither of those things.

Now they're jacking up the price of the R4. They "say" it's because of the weaker US dollar.....yeah, right. The R4 team has decided it's time to milk the R4 for all it's worth before they are either shut down by Nintendo or people start migrating to the newer, better carts that are available now.

Did any of that sink in to anyone's head? Can you understand what I'm saying? Did anyone even bother to read it all and even attempt to understand? Probably not.
dry.gif
sigh....

This post convinced me to buy a CycloDS Evolution at RHS even though I already have a R4.

darkriku197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
god i hate how much of a noob i am D=. i bought an R4 like a month ago for 70 something with a 2g sd. I always find better stuff AFTER i get it. lmao.

lorrygen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The group of GBAlpha is making a new product in couple of week. (As we know, R4DS, M3DSS, M3Real are from them)
Due to the historical problem... The factory cannot make much benefit from the R4...
So I believe they may not add the new features on the R4...

The R4 just changed to new IC... I dunno the new product will share the same IC (like M3DSS did) or not...
but I believe the factory want to kick the R4 out of the market.

d1rtyw0rm

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NEVER BUY FROM http://www.itechextreme.com/ :: AKA Sunny Parade Company :: AKA Ricky Leung

This guy is a SCAMMER !

I've bought an R4 Revolution + 2 GB card from him, i receive the package without the 2 GB Micro SD, the R4 was a fake in fact it was an N5DS restamped, and the worst thing of all the fake was DEFECT !!!!!

It's the biggest scam ive ever see, im currently in a paypal complaint process.

I finally buy a cyclo DS from http://www.gamersection.ca/

NEVER BUY FROM THIS GUY, ANYWHERE ELSE BUT NOT THIS SCAMMER !

Good luck ...
hate2.gif

Arvendor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey!

I also bought the exact same thing from Ricky Leung at itechextreme.com and I did not receive my package 20 days later. I also think I'll do a complaint to paypal if I do not receive the package by the end of the week. I sent an email to Ricky Leung and I'm waiting for answers.

shadowhunter09

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL guys i bought mine on amazon.com for 34.37ish and it was the real deal! you guys should check amazon.com they do sell flashcards at a decent price, IMO

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shadowhunter09 said:
LOL guys i bought mine on amazon.com for 34.37ish and it was the real deal! you guys should check amazon.com they do sell flashcards at a decent price, IMO

Why buy a R4 to begin with, when you can get WAYYYYYY better stuff under 30 bucks?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
50 dolla is only £25 nowadays (or 32 Euro). Still more than I paid for mine at release (I think) but not particularly extortionate. If you live in a country like the US or Zimbabwe then you have to accept imports are going to cost more at the moment
wink.gif

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
shadowhunter09 said:

Why buy a R4 to begin with, when you can get WAYYYYYY better stuff under 30 bucks?

So true. How many times do you tell people not to buy the R4? Maybe you should put it in your sig in large bold font that there's better AND cheaper options out there.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gman 101 said:
ojsinnerz said:
shadowhunter09 said:

So true. How many times do you tell people not to buy the R4? Maybe you should put it in your sig in large bold font that there's better AND cheaper options out there.
+1

It's like if you were to buy a very old computer, then say "Oh it does what I want it to do" but it's crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents