IHN02

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh well. My R4 is serving me very well and there aren't a whole lot of games I want in the coming months. I'll just stick to 1.18 until a must-have game isn't compatible, then buy a CycloDS. I don't mind being forced to upgrade.

lonewolf80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IHN02 said:
Oh well. My R4 is serving me very well and there aren't a whole lot of games I want in the coming months. I'll just stick to 1.18 until a must-have game isn't compatible, then buy a CycloDS. I don't mind being forced to upgrade.
Me too...though I wonder how the "custom firmware" that come out will work with future game compatibility issues.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm also hoping the loader will be open-sourced if they're going to stop updates. I'm not ready to get a new flashcart yet since I still gotta save my money for the upcoming CHSPE in October (It's been more than half a year now and I only raised $30 so far >_> ).

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now more "WHERe cAN I buy MAH R4?!?!?!" topics!
grog.gif

Gukina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arm7 patches were always faster than r4 kernel fixes anyways.. we don't need the r4 team if they were to leave and ahtin didn't make a post a few weeks ago claiming r4 were going to brick all fake versions .. which never happen?
blink.gif
Are you translating rumors from the Chinese hack forum to here? does anyone have proof that anything ahtin posts actually happens? If there is no more arm7 patches r4 = dead if what ahtin says is true.

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
cory1492 said:
ahtin said:
if you dont believe, just let it be a joke, but I have to tell you this is truth.

M3DSS official announced stop production at their chinese E-Shop (????)

and Team R4 also stopped their production from today, the news will be posted next week at some of the famous chinese game magazine.
Ahtin, is it 100% closed doors for R4 then (nothing will come from them in the future for current owners), or is it that they are moving to a SDHC compatible product finally and discontinuing their current R4 line? I had the thought something was coming in september...

Be interesting to see how this turns out. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to make a (new) loader that is open source, but if they are going to entirely ditch their customers who made them popular while filling their pockets... source would be nice as maintenance from them directly has been lacking.

I have ask them for
1. 915 firmware still alive?
2. will update in the future?
3. open source?

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think it's cause all the gaming companies are ganging up and suing them (in japan).
I heard they were going after all the other carts too.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gukina said:
arm7 patches were always faster than r4 kernel fixes anyways.. we don't need the r4 team if they were to leave and ahtin didn't make a post a few weeks ago claiming r4 were going to brick all fake versions .. which never happen?
blink.gif
Are you translating rumors from the Chinese hack forum to here? does anyone have proof that anything ahtin posts actually happens? If there is no more arm7 patches r4 = dead if what ahtin says is true.

Are you retarded? The R4 team said they were releasing a firmware that'll brick DSs with fake R4s, IN SEPTEMBER. They said they're gonna release it in September, not July. And Ahtin's posts have been accurate till now, so we'll just have to see in September.

Also, even the Supercard team commented on the subject, saying to the R4 team that they shouldn't, etc. So, it's true.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on getting a new card anyways. I can't afford a cycloDS, but I'm thinking about the Supercard DS One. Can anyone vouch for it? I haven't heard much about it. It seems comparable to the Cyclo.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No question, get the Evo over the SCDS1. I've used both, and while the feature sets are similar, the Evo's interface wins hands down. I currently own an SCDS1, but I'm going to buy an Evo as soon as I get the cash together.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are all whistling thru the graveyard.

R4 is Dead - Closed for good - no more updates.
www.teamcyclops.com is dead.
DSTT are "out of stock" at DealExtreme.
www.importshop.nl
www.m3adapter.com
www.psxshop.nl
www.ombouwwinkel.nl
All no longer sell flashcards or site is dead.

Still think this is a joke? Check what happened after a British court closed lik-sang in 2006.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...