Hacking R4 Issues

PeteToken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I'm wondering if anyone can help with an issue I'm having with my R4.

I've just bought an R4I GOLD 3DS card I'm trying to use with my DSi.

I transferred the Wood R4 kernel from this site (http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm) and everything seemed to be going well. The card was working fine and then I tried to patch it using the recommended files from the site, I used the one on the same site released Jan 23 2013 for v1.45 only (which in retrospect I think was probably the error I made) and after a successful patch the card just boots up with an error message.

Is there any way I can fix this? Preferably without a DS lite, but I can acquire one if needed. I've already tried formatting the R4 card and putting the files on again. But it still boots up with an error. I've also noticed the card icon changed when I patched and hasn't changed back so I'm guessing the patch did something to the DS perhaps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PeteToken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: I updated the DSI before I tried to patch, from reading the other threads it seems like this may have been my mistake. Do I need a non updated console to fix this? If so how do I do this, can't seem to find a thread.

Last edited by PeteToken,

PeteToken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you post a picture of both sides of the card?

Yeh sure, here's a picture of both sides of the card and the label of the packaging it came in. Also my DSI is updated to 1.45E.
R4 details.gif

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see your card is revision 'D' (which it should be if you just bought it). It was already updated to work with the latest firmwares of the DSi and Xl. There was no need to attempt to patch your card. The card would still have worked fine after you updated your DSi.

Last edited by Gyron_Oldvic,

PeteToken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd get the latest patch from the site (http://filetrip.net/dl?3mbPXwTcpP) and install it with a DS lite. But remember to use the DSi version of the patch (not the DS Lite version).

I tried sorting the card with a DSLite but the card just boots up with a white screen with several different kernels that should all be compatible. Thanks for trying to help, I've just bought another card, I should be able to fix the R4 when I get the other card at least.

I see your card is revision 'D' (which it should be if you just bought it). It was already updated to work with the latest firmwares of the DSi and Xl. There was no need to attempt to patch your card. The card would still have worked fine after you updated your DSi.

I guessed that after I'd patched it, I guess I should have asked on here first! :)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried sorting the card with a DSLite but the card just boots up with a white screen with several different kernels that should all be compatible. Thanks for trying to help, I've just bought another card, I should be able to fix the R4 when I get the other card at least.
Write us again when you got the second card :)

PeteToken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Write us again when you got the second card :)
Sorry for the delay! The postage from Singapore to England took a while :) Got the second card, it's a different model. Am I right in thinking that all I need to do is download the V1.12d kernel towards the bottom of the page, put that on the card and it should work? Also any information you have on how I could fix my other card with my new card would be great if it's possible :)

R4 2.gif

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, just drag the kernel on the card and look if it works with a DS (lite).
If it works:
1. download the latest update from r4ids.cn (The 3DS V6.2.0-12 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! (for R4i Gold 3DS card only))
2. Copy the update file for the DS lite onto the microSD
3. start the new r4i with the ds lite and run the new update file
4. switch the card when it asks you to do so
5. It will work if you are lucky. Make sure to have the r4ids.cn's kernel (wood) on the SD when trying it out.

PeteToken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to be stuck on the loading screen on the new card. I'm definitely using the site kernel and haven't done anything else, any ideas? Sorry if I'm missing something that's ludicrously simple, I just seem to be stuck yet again :/

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I seem to be stuck on the loading screen on the new card. I'm definitely using the site kernel and haven't done anything else, any ideas? Sorry if I'm missing something that's ludicrously simple, I just seem to be stuck yet again :/
The only thing you can try is to reinstall the kernel again. The card is bricked otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto