Hacking R4 Issues, what should I get?

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I am not too up on things but my R4 card is getting annoying. It crashes a lot..In game and especially when I put it in sleep mode. I am guessing this is because it is old. I don't want to spend too much but what is the best card I should get now that runs smoothly, and all my saves will easily transfer over. I currently have I wood installed and I still am getting crashes. Thanks in Advance, and if anyone can post a link on a good deal and a reputable dealer that would be awesome. Thanks.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its prob cause its not connecting in the ds properly you could try the paper trick or if you want to get a new card but need spend alot acekard is your best bet, its cheap but has really good compatibility, every game plays on it so far

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is the paper trick, it might help your R4. (Though the picture is of an Acekard)
GSb9G.png

A good place to buy an acekard is Shoptemp, $16 with reliable free shipping.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vodoochild81 said:
Do acekards also have this problem? Do u have a tutorial for that? I dont wanna screw my stuff up.
Acekards are known to sometimes have contact issues, but I had recently ordered one, and found the build quality was much better than the past 2 units I ordered.

A new acekard should be better than your old R4, but another possible issue could be you have a dodgy microSD card.
Try formatting your microSD card with Panasonic SD formatter, remember to backup your data before you format since it'll delete everything.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually tried using that Panosonic SD formater, and it was dodgy itself. After I formatted the card it would not read on my PC or my Mac so I had to reformat it again and it worked. It also reformatted and ruined a USB device that was just sitting in my lap top and i lost a ton of information. Weird right?

I think its this coming loose problem because it happens mostly whenever there is some kind of knock like if i drop the ds on my lap or by closing it, and when it happens I turn on the DS and the card does not load..then i take the R4 out and put it back in it works, So I def thought something came loose. That fits.

Is there a tutorial to try the paper thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't...