Hacking r4 ID saved into 3ds mem?

LinkFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well hello there,

I`m new to ds/3ds stuff, so sorry if i say anything wrong. I`m used to use homebrew and custom stuff only into Wii console. So im trying to learn the things I can do to upgrade my 3ds, but in my searches I learned that when you use a non original device (such as r4) the 3ds saves it to its memory, and there is no way to delete it (witch I think must be a incomplete/wrong info).
Is this issue really true/resolved? I`m trying to see a way to change the devices ID to a Nintendo game ID, like a pokemon, cause right now it doesn`t matter, but at least with Wii, if I just update it with the non original stuff i have there, I can brick it =\

thank you, sorry for anything wrong. And sorry for my English!!!! I`m not from USA

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LinkFox said:
Well hello there,

I`m new to ds/3ds stuff, so sorry if i say anything wrong. I`m used to use homebrew and custom stuff only into Wii console. So im trying to learn the things I can do to upgrade my 3ds, but in my searches I learned that when you use a non original device (such as r4) the 3ds saves it to its memory, and there is no way to delete it (witch I think must be a incomplete/wrong info).
Is this issue really true/resolved? I`m trying to see a way to change the devices ID to a Nintendo game ID, like a pokemon, cause right now it doesn`t matter, but at least with Wii, if I just update it with the non original stuff i have there, I can brick it =\

thank you, sorry for anything wrong. And sorry for my English!!!! I`m not from USA

Yes it's true, no there's nothing we can do about it atm, and no your system won't get bricked (that's just a silly rumor started by paranoid 12 year olds).

LinkFox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually i did not try any yet... I`m still making my searches...
So do you think it is safe to run any actual flash carts? There will be no future risks?
Ill buy one then =] thanks for the info. I still need to learn a lot about portable consoles >.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
LinkFox said:
Well hello there,

Yes it's true, no there's nothing we can do about it atm, and no your system won't get bricked (that's just a silly rumor started by paranoid 12 year olds).

Paranoid 12 year olds work at Nintendo?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
m3rox said:
LinkFox said:
Well hello there,

Since when did.... I mean, come on... ARGH!

Seriously kid, do you honestly think Nintendo would circulate a rumor stating that they would brick people's systems if they used flash carts?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Schlupi said:
m3rox said:
LinkFox said:
Well hello there,

Seriously kid, do you honestly think Nintendo would circulate a rumor stating that they would brick people's systems if they used flash carts?

they didn't say brick, they say "may" as they do with PR talk all the time. Yes, Nintendo did say it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they said that flash carts (well really unauthorized content) will/may brick your system. "Will" as a scare tactic.

It said nothing about them bricking a console.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:

minishcap.jpg

kirbysepicyarn.jpg

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
m3rox said:

minishcap.jpg

kirbysepicyarn.jpg

Those images are referring to ANY unauthorized device (including things like action replay), and discuss modifying games and hardware (flash cards don't modify anything). I suspect this has been a long established part of the warranty info (long before the R4 came to light).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the majority of the 'is not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the use of any such device' is more for cards like the old N5's that could blow fuses in the DS.
Now if something happens to your DSi/3DS Nintendo can check your logs for any "unauthorized devices" and refuse to fix it, requiring you to buy a new console.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Those images are referring to ANY unauthorized device (including things like action replay), and discuss modifying games and hardware (flash cards don't modify anything). I suspect this has been a long established part of the warranty info (long before the R4 came to light).
The earlier ones were less serious, but the current warnings are more concrete.

Anyways a Rumor isn't always exactly stated.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they mean that if you use a flashcart and it breaks your DS for any reason (bad homebrew, short circuits), etc, they are not responsible. If you try to sue them or something because of that, they can say "we told you so".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.