Hacking R4 Help possibly Fake

ClimaxEmperor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new here but I'm not new to this...kinda. Anyways, My brother lost my old R4 working perfectly no problem at all but then I bought another R4 for me and him this time so if he lost it again it would be his problem. But here is the issue here is my R4:
60271foto.JPG

As well as this:
R4-SDHC-WiFi%20New-Game-Engine-500x500.jpg

I think it's either that I bought a fake no less 2 fakes or I'm using the wrong firmware. I'll also list my problems with certain games

Elite Beat Agents: Game Works. But top screen Flashes up and down on and off whenever the character is picking up momentum.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat: Biggest issue. Bottom screen flashes up and down, Frame rate constantly drops after uppercut or a fatality. The game crashes after on round of local Wifi play
The World Ends With You: Nothing huge. It's just that the sound gets choppy during the second run of the game during this specific mission. But besides that it's all right. Also bottom screen during the second boss fight(I forgot his name) gets static. I don't know if that's a firmware problem or part of the game, please confirm.
Sonic Colors: The frame rate in the opening is incredibly slow. The sound is choppy. Bottom screen in the select screen is staticy. When pressing R to go to gallery(OR whenever going to gallery) The game goes black.... Oh yeah and the game sucks.
angry.gif
But that just me.
My Japanese Coach: Virtually unplayable...unstudyable. I cant start the game as the title screen is incredibly slow, The touch screen in unresponsive, going through the lesson doesn't work as the games frame rate dramatically suffers as I keep pressing "next". The study games don't work anymore as they crash before I learn a word.
Castlevania Order of Ecclsia: Unplayable. The game crashes every time I start up and the memory is deleted.
999: Besides some of the text missing. It works perfect
One Piece Gigant Battle: The opening anime runs really slow. And DS download play doesn't work, the other DS crashes and shut off.
Kirby Super Stars Ultra: The freezes every time I unlock a new mode.
Super Scribblenauts: The frame rate is the game practically shuts down when the music stops. As I said before. I don't know if it's the firmware or part of the game.
Micheal Jackson Experience: The music get choppy during the loading. Personally I'm pissed because it's some of my favorite music. I mean there's that and the not that good.
Ghost Trick: Every time I start a trick for a mission. It's like the game is loading outside the loading screen (If that makes sense.)

Other than that all my other games work fine. I just need some help on how to fix my problem. Any help is welcome. I'm sorry for any inconvenience and thank in advance.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Your R4 is definitely fake.

How to tell if it is a real R4:
-It does not support Micro SD cards with sizes over 2GB
-The cart simply says "R4 Revolution for DS"
-It is not compatible with any version of DSi or 3DS
-It is compatible with Wood R4 (Though the R4i is compatible with Wood R4 as well)

Most of your slowdown issues are most likely a problem with your Micro SD card's write speed, as well.

As your flash cart is not compatible with Wood R4 (Do not tell me there is no evidence to support this. It is proven that Wood R4 only works with originals, 1:1 clones, and R4i carts), you should try YSmenu.

Unfortunately, if you cannot get that to run either, you will have to buy a different cart. I would suggest an Acekard 2i if you want a good flash cart on the cheap, but if you can pay up to $40 I suggest you get a Supercard DS Two.

Edit) Oops, I forgot to ask. What firmware are you currently using?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, the original r4 (discribed above by Sora de Eclaune) doesn't support Wi-Fi either.

So yeah, it's totally a clone.

EDIT: if you want to try YSmenu, search for "Retro Game Fan Multi Cart Update" in the forum here or at ds-scene.net
if you're too lazy to find how to search here or at ds-scene just google search and you should find it

ClimaxEmperor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Your R4 is definitely fake.

How to tell if it is a real R4:
-It does not support Micro SD cards with sizes over 2GB
-The cart simply says "R4 Revolution for DS"
-It is not compatible with any version of DSi or 3DS
-It is compatible with Wood R4 (Though the R4i is compatible with Wood R4 as well)

Most of your slowdown issues are most likely a problem with your Micro SD card's write speed, as well.

As your flash cart is not compatible with Wood R4 (Do not tell me there is no evidence to support this. It is proven that Wood R4 only works with originals, 1:1 clones, and R4i carts), you should try YSmenu.

Unfortunately, if you cannot get that to run either, you will have to buy a different cart. I would suggest an Acekard 2i if you want a good flash cart on the cheap, but if you can pay up to $40 I suggest you get a Supercard DS Two.

Edit) Oops, I forgot to ask. What firmware are you currently using?

Man .....
angry.gif
Aw well. The latest firmware 1.35b in the hopes that it will go faster. Also I want to add something if it may help my problem. Here is the picture of my old R4:
new-packaging-r4i-revolution-for-ds-ndsi-ndsl-nds-free-shipping.jpg

It worked on my DS lite. It worked with my 16gb SD card so it was probably fake. But it was the best fake I ever had. Everything worked perfectly, My games had no problems. The only limit was the whole Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inisde Story issue when it game out but I installed the TTmenu for that and the game was phenomenal
smile.gif
And it worked hand in hand with my ez flash for my GBA games. I just wanted wanted a cheap R4. I guess I learned the powerful lesson "You get what you pay for" I'll try to use ys menu. and I'll report back with the result. Thanks for the help

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
The original R4 does support wifi.

The "wifi" logo on that one clone means it'll attempt to download ROMs to itself.
QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Apr 2 2011, 03:09 PM) Actually, the original R4 DOES support Wi-Fi, but only for games. The Wi-Fi that is labeling the topic opener's R4 may be some form of Wi-Fi firmware updating feature.
Oh okay my bad.
frown.gif

I'll make sure to check the next time.
smile.gif

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ClimaxEmperor said:

That is actually an R4i, which is probably compatible with a version of Wood R4 (I say probably because I have heard cases where R4i carts that weren't the Gold version worked with Wood R4i). It's too bad you no longer have that one. If you can, you should try to find it.

I don't say these kinds of things often, but... Your Wi-Fi R4 SDHC is a real piece of shit.

ClimaxEmperor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:

I don't say these kinds of things often, but... Your Wi-Fi R4 SDHC is a real piece of shit.
True DAT
wink.gif
Now all I need is money. BTW I'm currently downloading the YSmenu and the retrogamefan update thing. I'll debrief once it's finished.

Update: I just got screwed TT Menu and the YSmenu will not work. Fuck this R4. But I'm broke so I'll have to deal....Uh maybe it's a good thing that the DS is almost dead and that there isn't a 3DS flash card. I'm totally broke. But thanks for the help you guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.