R4 GOLD Pro 2014 SDHC Help please?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Asten, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Asten
    OP

Asten Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2013
    Hey, I purchaced this exact R4 card http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490 for Christmas for my son and I can't work out for the life of me how to get it running. I have downloaded the correct Kernal that I found on the official site http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/ which is this one. I then extracted the files to a formatted 2gb micro sd card and dropped the nds games on the micro sd card as well. But when I turn on the DS lite it goes to the DS lites main menu. Above pictochat and DS download play it says a game called 'Touch! Bomberman Land Nintendo' is inserted (I haven't even put this game on the micro sd card?) If I then click on that it simply takes me to a white screen or just a screen saying 'menu?'.

I'm really not sure what I've missed and can't seem to find any tutorial on how to set it up. If anyone can help me out here I would be really grateful! I haven't got long left and my son really wants this! Thanks!

2. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    You can try formatting your microSD with the Panasonic formatter (do a full format with size adjustment set to 'on' in the options)

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Make sure you place the kernel files/folders on the root of your microSD and not in any other folders.

3. bobbobbob21

bobbobbob21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    Hi mate,

Did you get it to work? i have the same card and have the same problems, i am familiar with r4 cards but cannot get this to work, white screen, touch bomberman game logo even though i haven't loaded that game on.

any help would be great!! and if i do find a solution i will post it up here!!

4. David61

David61 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2014
    France
    I have the same problem and I just buy an 4GB microSD HC card. For me, it is the solution.

If you can try it, and tell me.

5. Asten
    OP

Asten Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2013

Hey guys, I did manage to get it it to work. You need to format the sd card fully with FAT 32. Any other problems just ask!

6. Asten
    OP

Asten Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2013
    also thank you for your help Rezatron :)

7. Akawashi

Akawashi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2014
    im having trouble getting New super Mario Bro's and pokemon Black working... though ive seen vids on youtube showing those two games working...
    I can load the menu... but it wont load a lot of my ds roms .. so far only cooking mama and nintendogs work...
    How can i get the rest to work?
    NOTE... Ive tryed using YSMenu... but again... it wont load it..
    each game that doesnt work give me errcode 1...
    and its allways telling me to format it... ive formatted it 5 tiomes in the space of 24 hours...

Can anyone point me to a solution plz? really stuck on this one!