Hacking R4 Gold 3DS Problem -- Nothing works

justwannaplay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I followed all the advice on several different sites, including this one. I've been at this for hours. All I've got is a white screen.

I just got a R4i Gold 3DS Revolution card. I have an original R4 Revolution. The files I have on my original R4's sd card will not load if I put the sd card into the R4i. My original R4 cannot read the SDHC card that came with the R4i. I put the same exact files on a spare sd card, but the R4i has the same white screen. If I put the spare sd card into my original R4, the R4 behaves just like the R4i. Therefore, I can not make the white screen fix strategy work.

I've tried everything out there. The latest Wood kernel, several kernel versions and their matching patches, not using Wood, and nothing works.

Is there any advice for people with my problem? I have 0 problems running the Wood kernel on my original R4. I got the R4i after reading lots of positive reviews on it when purchased from r4ids.cn. I have emailed them as well, but I'm expecting to be told to try all the things I've already tried.

I have a DS Lite and the website promised compatibility. I have 1 GB sd cards and a 4 GB sdhc card that came with the R4i. I was really looking forward to getting this. Would you return it or do you think it is fixable? If I have to return it, what cart should I get instead?

justwannaplay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Nevermind. I just turned it on today, for the first time after wasting hours last night, and it opened up.

I did absolutely nothing to it, just turned it on. And people wonder why technology frustrates me.

Anyway, THANK YOU both for replying. You are very appreciated.

Now I just wonder if it will ever be safe to upgrade my firmware . . . .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night