Hacking R4 GE games engine

TKTK31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello, I have a Nintendo DSI XL with version 1.4.1E on it and a R4 GE (games engine) upgrade revolution for DS. The pre-owner said the R4 works. I tried numerous firmwares but I couldn't make it work. When I start the DSI it asks me to restart it. Can anyone help me figure this one out?
BTW, I have a M3i Zero card too but I do not have the cable to be able to flash it...

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not familiar with that particular cart, but a lot of them have a time bomb mechanism that deactivates the cartridge after a certain date.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have a Nintendo DSI XL with version 1.4.1E on it and a R4 GE (games engine) upgrade revolution for DS. The pre-owner said the R4 works. I tried numerous firmwares but I couldn't make it work. When I start the DSI it asks me to restart it. Can anyone help me figure this one out?
BTW, I have a M3i Zero card too but I do not have the cable to be able to flash it...
Photo of the card please ?

Last edited by sp3off,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

TKTK31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Attachments

• 23484905_1210816739061736_675793112_o.jpg
    23484905_1210816739061736_675793112_o.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,010

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Wow xD. I cannot say anything about this one. Do not know if I consider it as "fake" because of the fact that No card like this is even mentioned in r4i-sdhc.com, or it's a VERY limited stock that had this thing. Anyway looks like a normal R4 Revolution for DS.
Try this firmware :English

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well google can’t figure this one out and the website listed is still an active team. You should just be able to download retro’s files and use the files from the “R4i-SDHC” folder.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AFAIK you still need the original firmware to boot this, no ?
It depends on the cart. Right now I am running it as the main kernel for both my R4-SDHC (R4i-SDHC.com) and R4i Gold Pro (r4isdhc.com) It boots on both without hassle. It’s actually sharing the same R4.dat between the two carts.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends on the cart. Right now I am running it as the main kernel for both my R4-SDHC (R4i-SDHC.com) and R4i Gold Pro (r4isdhc.com) It boots on both without hassle. It’s actually sharing the same R4.dat between the two carts.

Oh okay. Mine could not boot to that firmware. It was saying "Card ?" or it was saying something about the firmware that couldn't be found. And it was my R4i-SDHC 3DS VER 4.5.

TKTK31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
sp3off,
That didn't work. And the card is nit a fake, on the back of it it has a serial number which I checked on their official website and it checked out.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
sp3off,
That didn't work. And the card is nit a fake, on the back of it it has a serial number which I checked on their official website and it checked out.

Oh okay. Maybe it was because of the Games Engine thing.

What message does it says when launched ?

TKTK31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The card doesn't work with unmodded DSi/3DS consoles (as stated on the label). Can you give us a clearer report on the error message?
It says: "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please reffer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details."

TKTK31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Oh okay. Maybe it was because of the Games Engine thing.

What message does it says when launched ?
It says: "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please reffer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details."

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Card is blacklisted... You will need to hack the console in order to make the card work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No sharing
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know...