sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once again I am even more confused with the bloody market of these buggers,

Should I be buying a R4 DS (I can't be screwed thinking about SD cards and all that) or the fancy G6?

I heard there are some talk about G6s screwing up or something too?

Well... Recommend away =]

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm new to all this and just bought a G6 (16G). Honestly, it can't really be easier. You just plug the card into your PC (using the supplied USB adaptor) and drag + drop the files. Then plug the card back into your DS and play. It has never "screwed up" on me. I can't believe how good these things are actually.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4DS just for the stability. My G6 has screwed up on me and I find that unacceptable. R4 is a stable card and as long as you get a good Micro-SD, you should have no problems. Infact, the CycloDS is probably the best choice, I've yet to hear of anyone's messing up here.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CycloDS Evo is fairly new in the market, and there are things with bugs and whatnot. The R4 has been refined, and probably the most polished product there is.

G6DSR hasn't been in the market for as long as the R4, but it certainly isn't a complete package yet

Hope this makes sense, because after reading it again, it doesn't really to me
tongue.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well the G6DSR 16Gb is only 2GB end of story and if you need more space you cant!
And if you get so unlucky to break to memory then its a dead unit..

How ever the R4 has unlimited GB (as much as your microSD's have) and if they get broken you still have the R4!

I recommend the R4
wink.gif

warsame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4DS just for the stability. My G6 has screwed up on me and I find that unacceptable. R4 is a stable card and as long as you get a good Micro-SD, you should have no problems. Infact, the CycloDS is probably the best choice, I've yet to hear of anyone's messing up here.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly happened to your G6?

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I recommend the R4.

The R4 uses microsd, the G6 has memory built in. So unless you want to play Castlevania, i dont think either card are much of a problem. Although i havent been tracking the G6 much i dont believe you would run into much problems with it or the R4. If you're afraid you will, find a place that offers refunds on defective carts and theres always tons of people with R4's and G6's on gbatemp to lend you a hand =P

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the G6DSR 16Gb is only 2GB end of story and if you need more space you cant!
And if you get so unlucky to break to memory then its a dead unit..

How ever the R4 has unlimited GB (as much as your microSD's have) and if they get broken you still have the R4!

I recommend the R4
wink.gif

I honestly don't see why you'd need more than 2GB. I have the 8Gb model, and 1 gig seems to fill up all the games that I want to play. And even then, I really don't need them all. I went with the G6 because of the Wii support, and also I'm tired of fussing around with external media. Especially things the size of your finger nail.

Like it was said near the beginning, couldn't be easier. Ya just plug it into the usb device, drag & drop, and you're good. I haven't had a problem yet. And the only problem with the 16Gb was homebrew not functioning right, but that's just been fixed with v2.3.

I will admit though, I was first considering an R4. But I have absolutely no regrets about getting a G6. Either way, I'm sure you'd be happy. I'd break it down like this:

The R4 has the advantage of having multiple cards for more space and is cheap. But even if it's cheap..ya gotta buy the card, unless ya have one lying around already. Also no Wii (PBR) support at the moment, but I'm sure that could be fixed in the future. When though I don't know.

The G6 is all in one so no bothering with little cards. But, you can't get more space if for some reason you need it. It's got Wii support. And the Download Play isn't perfect as they advertised it, but it's really good, and will for sure be fixed in due time.

Might have missed a few things, but based on that, if you still don't know which one to get, then don't stress it. Just choose one, they're both good. You'll be happy with your purchase. That fact that people are talking about these 2 cards so much comparing them shows that they're both worth something.

xnh02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have a g6ds. however, i have an r4ds and i am very happy with it. i'm glad the memory storage is removable. i have a 2GB card and it is full of music and games. i'd love to have a 8GB card. maybe some times soon. but, from what i hear i'm sure you will be happy with either one.

sphere9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i'll probally use it for castlevania, ouendna and dementium, probally a few videos too,

not to mention some old classics and homebrew too.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Emulation (more specifically, homebrew support) is not that great on the 2GB G6DSR. This is an issue that SHOULD be fixed by the G6 Team soon. When the update will come, I do not know.

Homebrew on the R4 is pretty much as good as it can get (few or no problems with popular homebrew)

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't have a g6ds. however, i have an r4ds and i am very happy with it. i'm glad the memory storage is removable. i have a 2GB card and it is full of music and games. i'd love to have a 8GB card. maybe some times soon. but, from what i hear i'm sure you will be happy with either one.

the 8G on the G6 is only 1GB.. the 16G of the G6 is only 2GB.. so ya..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM