Hacking R4 DS skins

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Skin with Sonic as the main character... But in the package I`m offering, there are also skins of Mario, Link and Samus as main characters 
wink.gif
. If anybody is interested in having another character in one of those skins I could do that. Â
smile.gif

Here`s is the Preview with Sonic as the main character:
Preview-3.jpg

Grab it here
biggrin.gif
: http://rapidshare.com/files/72469373/SonicBrawlR4.rar.html

Hope you guys like it...
yaynds.gif

I think it's pretty good, how about the Super Smash Bros on the top screen, and Brawl on the bottom screen? overall it's pretty good. you know what might look good, center sonic(or other Brawl characters) and have small screens of sonic in the game going from the outside in like the revolution 4 DS skin that someone did a few pages back. just a thought. lol
Awesome skin
laugh.gif

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it is not possible jacob33301, unless you have programming knowledge and you are be able to pass the protection on the R4DS's Firmware.

Editing the .DAT will not let this happen. Your idea is good but never going to happen unless the firmware becomes Open source.

oh and, its fine, just call me Jacob
tongue.gif
and i'll call you Wii_DS
tongue.gif

spelling errors
unsure.gif

It is possible... in theory...

However, the latest kernels seem to freeze when booted by a homebrew application.

Some guy's been working on custom firmware for months and according to Ricoboy a BETA will be available around now.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it is not possible jacob33301, unless you have programming knowledge and you are be able to pass the protection on the R4DS's Firmware.

Editing the .DAT will not let this happen. Your idea is good but never going to happen unless the firmware becomes Open source.

oh and, its fine, just call me Jacob
tongue.gif
and i'll call you Wii_DS
tongue.gif

spelling errors
unsure.gif

It is possible... in theory...

However, the latest kernels seem to freeze when booted by a homebrew application.

Some guy's been working on custom firmware for months and according to Ricoboy a BETA will be available around now.

Ricoboy said that he'll get back on work on the firmware when the new firmware is released. Atleast, that's what he said when I PMed hima while ago.

It's been a while and no news. Hope he's still working on that hacked firmware. :/

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Ricoboy said that he'll get back on work on the firmware when the new firmware is released. Atleast, that's what he said when I PMed hima while ago.

It's been a while and no news. Hope he's still working on that hacked firmware. :/"

I looked on his site yesterday and he said in his forum to expect a moonshell skin based on his awesome r4 skin in a few days. So atleast he's still alive lol

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThemeShowOff.jpg

OK I've been hard at work with my new skin.

It's amazing how much time a simple R4 skin can take to make...
icon3.gif

Well hope you enjoy.
wink2.gif

Pls comment so I can make changes before I upload it to NDSthemes.com

volatile3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThemeShowOff.jpg

OK I've been hard at work with my new skin.

It's amazing how much time a simple R4 skin can take to make...
icon3.gif

Well hope you enjoy. :wink:

Pls comment so I can make changes before I upload it to NDSthemes.com

lewis i love your theme! i saw beatrix' theme on NDSthemes and i was worried that you weren't going to put yours up...
some comments since you asked, i like the adidas theme instead of a normal icon set. Post it please so i can skin my DS already!!
i wonder how you stumbled upon the esquire japan sets... i never thought to make a theme out of them.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry lewislite, I made one also:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1421

My version is better so you have nothing to be sorry for
tongue.gif

lewis i love your theme! i saw beatrix' theme on NDSthemes and i was worried that you weren't going to put yours up...
some comments since you asked, i like the adidas theme instead of a normal icon set. Post it please so i can skin my DS already!!Â
i wonder how you stumbled upon the esquire japan sets... i never thought to make a theme out of them.
Thx for comment but I still haven't uploaded it yet xD

I was just browsing the internet and came across the adidas website from which I copied the 'Impossible is Nothing' logo. I thought it worked well with the whole idea of hot chicks getting dirrrty playing ball. As for the esquire japan sets I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
wtf.gif

RhythmStraw

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
amy-chao.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to post my skins here....>.>

blaze_exm1.png
blaze_exm2.png

the first picture is best viewed on a DS Phat so it notices the gap(DS Lite on experiment)

DnoMyuki_exm1.png
DnoMyuki_exm2.png

An Doubutsu no Mori(Animal Crossing) "Yuki" theme. Works best for winter months(Dec-Feb or Jun-Aug for the southern hemis).One of the first few themes I created. I like it, personally.
wub.gif

volatile3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just browsing the internet and came across the adidas website from which I copied the 'Impossible is Nothing' logo. I thought it worked well with the whole idea of hot chicks getting dirrrty playing ball. As for the esquire japan sets I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.Â
wtf.gif

I was talking about the girls. The original images are from an Esquire Magazine (Japan) Photoshoot. They did a bunch of different themes, including horseback riding, ballet, car tuning, skateboarding...that's what i was talking about. Looking forward to your release!

xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The skins getting posted here are top notch. The color choices, and screen use are smack you in the face good looking. Thanks to all the posters your work is being enjoyed on my R4/DS Crimson Lite...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol