Hacking R4 DS Cheat Code Editing Trouble

bling_bling2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the cheat code editor for my r4. I can add codes manually just fine and it works. Sadly, that can takes forever, so I'd rather import and XML file and have EVERY code in a split second. I found a really good XML file here on GBAtemp, but when I try to import it,it says (the XML file format is error) and adds all the cheats only up to Mega Man ZX. Also, Grand Theft Auto cheats wont show up either. Any suggestions?

Edit: also my moon.sav file keeps disappearing. Not too worried about it but if you happen to know the reason just let me know
smile.gif

Edit 2: I'm pretty sure the trouble is with the XML file, which I got here -> http://cheats.gbatemp.net. So maybe tell me where i can download another file just like it or how to fix that one?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, try R4CCE instead. Secondly, is your GTA a patched/fixed version? Narin's database only contains codes for clean (unpatched) ROMs.

bling_bling2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Firstly, try R4CCE instead. Secondly, is your GTA a patched/fixed version? Narin's database only contains codes for clean (unpatched) ROMs.
First of all, thank you, I didn't know i needed and unpatched version! second, I don't know what an r4cce is... lol

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
this is a guide on how to use r4cce

importing is just the same! just make sure you save correctly

cheat wiki V0.07 said:
Where can I get r4cce? Google is your best friend or curley’s guide got a link to yasu’s home page

Why is it in Chinese or Japanese? What the hell is the readme for?

Want a guide with Pictures? Refer to Curley’s guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774

Introduction
I got this FAQ / Guide / article to read by a few and they say is noob / newbie proof! If you still can’t figure this out by the steps given then fuck off because you are an idiot! Go get someone who is literate enough to assist you! Remember this is for noobs / newbie not for idiots! By the way this FAQ / guide / article is also not meant for any LAZY IDIOTS and Please Get Lost!

Pictures? Videos? Be my Guest, I am too lazy or you can always refer to Curley’s guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774

So this is written to help noobs / newbies who are new to the cheat scene. This is basically setup to help the following users like:-

How to locate the Game ID?
My r4 screwed me up because it doesn’t display codes for certain games!
I patched my game but codes won’t appear
How do I add codes?
A quicker way to add codes without keying things in 1 by 1

r4 users potential problems

This section is intended for original r4 users! Those who are using the red box, SDHC, ultra, super or whatever damn clone! Please fuck off!

If you are using r4 original firmware, there is a bug that prevents all the game codes in certain database to be displayed! If any of you are using gbatemp cheat database you will realise that games like pokemon, princess maker, valkyrie profile, suikoden, yugioh doesn’t display on your cheat menu even though the codes are included in the database.

Thanks to the bug limit you can have only 800 games in the database and the size of the database should not exceed 4.0mb. Anything that goes above the limit will not show on your r4 cheat menu.

There are a few quick solutions
i) Yasumenu
ii) Delete games that you don’t play
iii) make sure there is only 1 game in the database
iv) manage your own database

The best solution of all is Yasumenu! Why yasumenu? It got a better game compatibility than r4 official firmware and it will display all the cheats.

Useful link for how to obtain a copy of Yasumenu

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=10387
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=976...p;#entry1883856 pong106's Guide #post 348

How to create/add a cheat database for r4, DSTT, acekard, EDGE, CycloDS, m3real via r4cce

To create a new database

Just launch r4cce or launch an existing database then go to File – click New
Then you will be presented an empty database

a- How to add games?

Click the Add Game tab, you will see a line generated as New Game and on your right hand side It should have the following:-

Game Title = New Game
Game ID = ABCJ 12345678 (default Game ID)
Game Enable (Make sure you tick the box to have a BLACK TICK)
Master Codes (Ignore this)

Just change the New Game to whatever you wish to name your game
I prefer to name my games based on the following format:-

Release number – Game Name – [Region]
3504 - Avalon Code [ U ]

b- What is Game ID and how to locate it via r4cce?

i)My explanation would be Game ID is the identity of a game! It should be unique and no two different games should share a same Game ID

ii)In order for the cheat codes to show up on your cheat menu, the Game ID of your database should be the same as your game’s Game ID! Otherwise you won’t see any codes on your cheat menu.

iii)A little addon from dsrules about game ID
"Game ID: is composed by two parts, the first 4 letters are for the game "Game code", the last 8 hexadecimal numbers for the game crc code, used for the match of the cheat and the corresponding game."

yes, M3Real also recognize the first 4 letters as the game id and the last 8 are ignored, that's why patched games with different crc code don't affect the M3Real or iTouch

iv)Common problem/mistake
For example a patched / dubbed rom’s Game ID might be different from the clean rom! If both the IDs are different it will cause cheats doesn’t show up on menu (this doesn't affect M3real or iTouch users)

v)Use the … function to locate the game ID! Where is the … ? It is in between of the Game ID and the Dup? button.

After Pressing the … button you will be presented a menu, locate your game and click OPEN. You will realized the default Game ID will change from ABCJ 12345678 to something else. This is the Game ID for Avalon Code YOGE 53AC1A52

c- Adding Codes

To add code just simple click the Add Code button you will then see a line on your right that looks like this 0101 New Code

Just change the Code Title to what you want, you can also add a note on the comment box. You can then insert your codes to the Code List Box. If you wish to group all your codes in a folder, just click the Add Folder to add a folder. Rename the folder to what you want and drag the code you created earlier on into the folder. You can also add a note on the comment box just like what you can do for the codes.

If you want a group of codes can be selected once only just make sure the One Hot tick box is TICKED!

If you want a groups of codes can be selected by multiple times just UNTICK the One Hot tick box

d- Save The Database

If you are using cheat.dat
a- Go to Item – All Games ON/OFF – choose All Games ON (1)
b- Click on the first line of the Left Menu (it should be the line that contain a blue r4 icon )
c- You will see Database Title, Cheat Enable and Encrypt File
d- Make sure Cheat Enable and Encrypt File is TICKED
e- Go to File – SAVE AS – choose the save as type as R4 Cheat DB(*.dat) and file name should be cheat.dat – click SAVE
f- Insert it to the _system_ folder of your r4 and you are ready to go
smile.gif

If you are using usrcheat.dat
b- Click on the first line of the Left Menu (it should be the line that contain a blue r4 icon )
d- Make sure Cheat Enable is TICKED
e- Go to File – SAVE AS – choose the save as type as Cheat Database(*.dat;*.evoCheats;*.db;*.xml) and file name should be usrcheat.dat – click SAVE
f- Insert it to the folder where you store your cheats and you are ready to go

The rest of the cheat database users

The process for CycloDS, m3real, Edge users are the same as how you create usrcheat.dat but make sure you choose the appropriate type of cheat database.

CycloDS users should choose CycloEvo Cheats (*.evoCheats) – click save
Edge users should choose EDGE Cheat DB (*.dat) – click save
M3 Real users should choose M3 Real Cheat DB (*.db) – click save
Those who like to save as .XML just choose the XML cheat DB (*.xml) – click save

Make sure your cheat file’s name is the same as below. Otherwise, cheats won’t show up on your cheat menu

Edge – cheats.dat
r4 – cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat
M3 Real – cheat.db
CycloDS – user.evoCheats.

bling_bling2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
this is a guide on how to use r4cce

importing is just the same! just make sure you save correctly

cheat wiki V0.07 said:
Where can I get r4cce? Google is your best friend or curley’s guide got a link to yasu’s home page

Why is it in Chinese or Japanese? What the hell is the readme for?

Want a guide with Pictures? Refer to Curley’s guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774

Introduction
I got this FAQ / Guide / article to read by a few and they say is noob / newbie proof! If you still can’t figure this out by the steps given then fuck off because you are an idiot! Go get someone who is literate enough to assist you! Remember this is for noobs / newbie not for idiots! By the way this FAQ / guide / article is also not meant for any LAZY IDIOTS and Please Get Lost!

Pictures? Videos? Be my Guest, I am too lazy or you can always refer to Curley’s guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774

So this is written to help noobs / newbies who are new to the cheat scene. This is basically setup to help the following users like:-

How to locate the Game ID?
My r4 screwed me up because it doesn’t display codes for certain games!
I patched my game but codes won’t appear
How do I add codes?
A quicker way to add codes without keying things in 1 by 1

r4 users potential problems

This section is intended for original r4 users! Those who are using the red box, SDHC, ultra, super or whatever damn clone! Please fuck off!

If you are using r4 original firmware, there is a bug that prevents all the game codes in certain database to be displayed! If any of you are using gbatemp cheat database you will realise that games like pokemon, princess maker, valkyrie profile, suikoden, yugioh doesn’t display on your cheat menu even though the codes are included in the database.

Thanks to the bug limit you can have only 800 games in the database and the size of the database should not exceed 4.0mb. Anything that goes above the limit will not show on your r4 cheat menu.

There are a few quick solutions
i) Yasumenu
ii) Delete games that you don’t play
iii) make sure there is only 1 game in the database
iv) manage your own database

The best solution of all is Yasumenu! Why yasumenu? It got a better game compatibility than r4 official firmware and it will display all the cheats.

Useful link for how to obtain a copy of Yasumenu

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=10387
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=976...p;#entry1883856 pong106's Guide #post 348

How to create/add a cheat database for r4, DSTT, acekard, EDGE, CycloDS, m3real via r4cce

To create a new database

Just launch r4cce or launch an existing database then go to File – click New
Then you will be presented an empty database

a- How to add games?

Click the Add Game tab, you will see a line generated as New Game and on your right hand side It should have the following:-

Game Title = New Game
Game ID = ABCJ 12345678 (default Game ID)
Game Enable (Make sure you tick the box to have a BLACK TICK)
Master Codes (Ignore this)

Just change the New Game to whatever you wish to name your game
I prefer to name my games based on the following format:-

Release number – Game Name – [Region]
3504 - Avalon Code [ U ]

b- What is Game ID and how to locate it via r4cce?

i)My explanation would be Game ID is the identity of a game! It should be unique and no two different games should share a same Game ID

ii)In order for the cheat codes to show up on your cheat menu, the Game ID of your database should be the same as your game’s Game ID! Otherwise you won’t see any codes on your cheat menu.

iii)A little addon from dsrules about game ID
"Game ID: is composed by two parts, the first 4 letters are for the game "Game code", the last 8 hexadecimal numbers for the game crc code, used for the match of the cheat and the corresponding game."

yes, M3Real also recognize the first 4 letters as the game id and the last 8 are ignored, that's why patched games with different crc code don't affect the M3Real or iTouch

iv)Common problem/mistake
For example a patched / dubbed rom’s Game ID might be different from the clean rom! If both the IDs are different it will cause cheats doesn’t show up on menu (this doesn't affect M3real or iTouch users)

v)Use the … function to locate the game ID! Where is the … ? It is in between of the Game ID and the Dup? button.

After Pressing the … button you will be presented a menu, locate your game and click OPEN. You will realized the default Game ID will change from ABCJ 12345678 to something else. This is the Game ID for Avalon Code YOGE 53AC1A52

c- Adding Codes

To add code just simple click the Add Code button you will then see a line on your right that looks like this 0101 New Code

Just change the Code Title to what you want, you can also add a note on the comment box. You can then insert your codes to the Code List Box. If you wish to group all your codes in a folder, just click the Add Folder to add a folder. Rename the folder to what you want and drag the code you created earlier on into the folder. You can also add a note on the comment box just like what you can do for the codes.

If you want a group of codes can be selected once only just make sure the One Hot tick box is TICKED!

If you want a groups of codes can be selected by multiple times just UNTICK the One Hot tick box

d- Save The Database

If you are using cheat.dat
d- Make sure Cheat Enable and Encrypt File is TICKED
e- Go to File – SAVE AS – choose the save as type as R4 Cheat DB(*.dat) and file name should be cheat.dat – click SAVE
f- Insert it to the _system_ folder of your r4 and you are ready to go
smile.gif

If you are using usrcheat.dat
d- Make sure Cheat Enable is TICKED
e- Go to File – SAVE AS – choose the save as type as Cheat Database(*.dat;*.evoCheats;*.db;*.xml) and file name should be usrcheat.dat – click SAVE
f- Insert it to the folder where you store your cheats and you are ready to go

The rest of the cheat database users

The process for CycloDS, m3real, Edge users are the same as how you create usrcheat.dat but make sure you choose the appropriate type of cheat database.

CycloDS users should choose CycloEvo Cheats (*.evoCheats) – click save
Edge users should choose EDGE Cheat DB (*.dat) – click save
M3 Real users should choose M3 Real Cheat DB (*.db) – click save
Those who like to save as .XML just choose the XML cheat DB (*.xml) – click save

Make sure your cheat file’s name is the same as below. Otherwise, cheats won’t show up on your cheat menu

Edge – cheats.dat
r4 – cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat
M3 Real – cheat.db
CycloDS – user.evoCheats.
hmmm, r4cce wont import the file either. i think the problem is with the xml file. everything past the mega man game wont import. i downloaded the xml file from http://cheats.gbatemp.net.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1