R4 DS Cheat Code Editing Trouble

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by bling_bling2000, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009
  1. bling_bling2000
    OP

Newcomer bling_bling2000 Member

United States
    I'm having trouble with the cheat code editor for my r4. I can add codes manually just fine and it works. Sadly, that can takes forever, so I'd rather import and XML file and have EVERY code in a split second. I found a really good XML file here on GBAtemp, but when I try to import it,it says (the XML file format is error) and adds all the cheats only up to Mega Man ZX. Also, Grand Theft Auto cheats wont show up either. Any suggestions?

Edit: also my moon.sav file keeps disappearing. Not too worried about it but if you happen to know the reason just let me know [​IMG]

Edit 2: I'm pretty sure the trouble is with the XML file, which I got here -> http://cheats.gbatemp.net. So maybe tell me where i can download another file just like it or how to fix that one?

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Firstly, try R4CCE instead. Secondly, is your GTA a patched/fixed version? Narin's database only contains codes for clean (unpatched) ROMs.

3. bling_bling2000
    OP

United States
    First of all, thank you, I didn't know i needed and unpatched version! second, I don't know what an r4cce is... lol

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    this is a guide on how to use r4cce

importing is just the same! just make sure you save correctly

Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. bling_bling2000
    OP

United States
    hmmm, r4cce wont import the file either. i think the problem is with the xml file. everything past the mega man game wont import. i downloaded the xml file from http://cheats.gbatemp.net. [​IMG]