R4 delete/corrupts saves at random

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DuskIzanagi, Mar 28, 2010.

Mar 28, 2010
  1. DuskIzanagi
    OP

Newcomer DuskIzanagi Advanced Member

United States
    So,after hours of Trauma Center and Kirby Supers Stars Ultra, I decided to turn off my DS Lite and after an hour or so,went to play Moon. All going well until then. The following day, I decided to go back to Dark Spire and Retro Game Challenge(both of wich I had saves) when I discovered my R4 decided to corrupt the data. All data was erased,except for New Super Mario Bros.,that played without a problem.
    I need a way to solve it(it's frustrating having to start RGC all over again),make my card stop corrupting stuff. I heard that my firmware is a AK2i clone, since I haven't managed to run YSmenu configured for r4.
    More info about my card here.
    The best way out, I think, is to install AKAIO or YSmenu,but I need tutorials to install it on AK2i OR r4,whatever this thing will accept.

Thanks in advance, Dusk

2. narutofan777

Member narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Afghanistan
    first download that panasonic sd formatter 2.0 idk the link but format your card and about akaio dont say a word cause bunch of folks here support normmatt and the akaio crew...because what your looking for is a cracked akaio firmware and no1 likes to hear about that.

3. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    Ok,formatted it already. Now what?
    No need for a cracked one,is there's another option

4. bennyroger

Member bennyroger GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    When you turn our ds on with the r4 card inside, but without the sd card, what screen colour is shown? White screen, or a black screen with loading message?
    If it shows a white screen it shoud be possible with ysmenu, if it shows the black screen with loading ysmenu is not possible on a clone because its then highly likely to be a ak hardware clone.

5. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    not necessarily cracked if his cart is an AK2i clone he should be able to run one of the older AKAIO firmwares
    and i would like to hear about a cracked AKAIO firmware so "no1 likes to hear about that" is falsification of information

6. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    White screen. I tried ysmenu,but then it doesn't go out of the "Loading..." screen.
    I tried using it as a mooshell replacement,but it says "invalid dldi name" or someting like that.

7. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    Tried version 1.5,not working. I will try the older ones

EDIT: Still not working

8. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The cracked version of AKAIO is taboo for two main reasons:
    The creators of AKAIO nearly quit when Roudolph cracked it, and have announced (unofficially) that they intend to do so if it happens again with a new version. And because if too many people hear about it they will assume that it's the new YSMenu and pester us for new versions which will run on their clone carts (which, as I mentioned above, would result in the loss of AKAIO for everybody).

9. DuskIzanagi
    OP

United States
    Ok,akaio cracking aside,can we go back to my problem? I tried AKAIO,It doesn't go out of the "Loading..." screen.